PDA

View Full Version : target diapers and Seventh Generation Diapers

Maayan
09-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Has anyone used either the Target Brand Diaper or Seventh Generation brand. Are they any good? Do they leak? how do they compare to pampers babydry's or Huggies??

Thanks in advance for your help

lizajane
09-01-2005, 06:12 PM
after the price hike on dipes, i actually sent an email to every parent i know saying that i found target dipes to be a-ok. and i am a cloth user, so that is saying a lot! dylan had to wear sposies for a weekend at a hotel and the crusiers leaked EVERY SINGLE TIME he pooped. ugh! so i got some target ones to try in the next size up- schuyler can actually wear them overnight (not leak proof everytime, but that is because he is a flooder and he really needs a size 5). i was very impressed with them and i am now a believer! dylan has to wear them at mother morning out and we will go with target dipes until they stop working. but i am expecting good things!

KrisM
09-01-2005, 09:02 PM
We were recently without a washer and dryer, so I used Target brand for about 10 days. They worked great for us. No leaks at all. I tried Huggies over a year ago, and they stink when pee hits the chemicals. Pampers have heavy perfume, which I don't like at all. Mostly, we use cloth though.

squimp
09-01-2005, 11:24 PM
We use Target dipes at daycare 'cause they're cheaper, they don't have as much stinky perfume, and they are more plain than Pampers. They are just about as absorbent as the Pampers (both go overnight), and work fine for us. You might want to size up - they run a little smaller than the equivalent size Pampers.

Puddy73
09-02-2005, 05:24 AM
I'm another fan of Target brand diapers. We used to use Huggies for daycare, but the Target ones are just as good, and MUCH cheaper.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/03 & a little pumpkin due 10/05

"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." - Woodrow Wilson

Maayan
09-02-2005, 07:50 AM
ok maybe I will try the targets then, I can't really go up a size because my 2yr old is already in a 6 but I can try them. If the absorbancy is more or less the same I will try it for day care for him. Now all I have to do is shop.

bcky2
09-02-2005, 06:22 PM
i use target brand diapers and i love them for overnight. we use cloth during the day but when we go out sometimes we use the sposies and i like the target ones better then any of the rest. i also used target brand diapers for my older ds and never had a problem.

SnuggleBuggles
09-05-2005, 02:14 PM
We never tried Target diapers. We used to use Seventh Generation though. I really liked their lack of chemicals. Unfortunately after a few weeks they really seemed to irritate ds, mainly on the thighs. We never had any leaks.

I like Tushies better than Seventh Generation, if you are looking for a more natural disposable diaper. they are softer.

Beth

Momof3Labs
09-05-2005, 02:40 PM
I've been pleasantly surprised by Target dipes! I didn't like them 2.5 years ago when I tried them, but they've changed since then. The size 6's fit DS like Luvs but have a stretchy waist and softer tabs. Absorbency hasn't been a problem either! Today they had mega packages for 10.59 at our Target (usually 12.99).

Uxor
09-05-2005, 06:50 PM
I've never used target brand. The seventh generation aren't bad. I like the lack of chemicals. I found the tendercare diapers were better though.

SpaceGal
09-06-2005, 06:39 PM
I don't want to say Target diapers aren't great but on my first try, after a bath, DS got diaper rash in two hours in a Target Diaper. He has been rash free for months. Not sure what happened. I didn't mind the feel and look of the Target diapers, plus the Care Bears are super cute. I bought both the premium (purple) and regular (mint green) types. The mint green package seemed to run a bit smaller like a Pamper Swaddlers and the purple package seem to size up to a Pampers BabyDry. The regular diapers have smaller velcro tabs and a thinner velcro strip in the front where the Care Bears are than the premium ones. I liked the feel of the premium better less crunchy if you know what I mean. The Target diapers are very similar to the BabyDrys.

Even tho my initial experience with the Target diapers and rash wasn't great I'll still try the whole package and see how things go. Especially since diapers are going up in price.

essnce629
09-08-2005, 04:10 AM
I'm now CD'ing 100% of the time, BUT the 22 month old girl I babysit full time wears either Target or Walmart brand diapers. I personally, much prefer the Walmart White Cloud diapers over the Target brand diapers. I like the wider tabs and stretchier sides of the White Cloud diapers. I've never had leaks with either brand though. I think the Walmart diapers are most similar to Huggies, which were my favorite disposable brand.

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif 2 years & counting! http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif

trumansmom
09-08-2005, 09:13 AM
We're picking up some sposies to leave at my mom's house, and I was wondering which ones were better of the Target dipes?

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

megs4413
09-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Same thing happened to us. I've been using swaddlers since DD was born because they were the only ones that didn't leak on her, but she has outgrown them now and when I made the switch I decided to try some cheaper brands. Just one use of the cheaper diapers and she's got diaper rash. It happens every time. My mom stocks Luvs at her house for when DD comes to visit, but every time she comes back she has a rash. She is always rash free in her Cruisers and I'm going to stick with them even though they are pricier. I dont' like the idea of sacrificing her skin and her comfort to save some money and go with the cheapo ones. It's really a shame. I wonder if I had started out with the cheaper ones if she would have been better off?

Momof3Labs
09-08-2005, 11:04 AM
We have the green package.

bcky2
09-08-2005, 11:25 AM
we get the purple ones for overnight and to go out in. we have used the green ones too, i think we like the purple one better but i cant remember why :-)

Zansu
09-08-2005, 01:22 PM
We use the greens. I have not tried the purple, but I think they're a nighttime/heavy wetter version.

samiam
09-08-2005, 02:55 PM
I like the Target premium dipes (purple package). We normally use Huggies (ds gets a rash from Pampers) but tried Target recently and was happy with them. Haven't tried them since ds was much smaller, but I did like the Walmart White Cloud dipes as well.

littlecindy
02-08-2008, 03:37 PM
i thought the target diapers worked just as well for leaks as huggies or pampers. they just aren't nearly as soft (on the outside anyway).