PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a very little trash can with a lid

american_mama
09-01-2005, 10:35 PM
I use disposable wipes with my cloth diapers, which means I need a separate pail/trash can to throw out the wipes. I'd like a very small trash can with some sort of a lid, but haven't found any. Has anyone see one?

I have a mental image of a small trash can that looks like a tiny, plastic version of a traditional outdoor metal trash can, but the tiny version comes with a lid that closes with a metal clasp/hinge thing like on some old canning containers. My fuzzy mental image is that it was designed for use by the kitchen sink for food scraps, vegetable peels, etc. Regardless, I've broswed through Kmart, Walmart, Target, and Bed Bath and Beyond and didn't see any kind of small trash can with a lid.

new_mommy25
09-02-2005, 01:31 AM
We have a couple. I bought them to put cutlery in at Noah's birthdy party. Now I have one in the bathroom for toys though it is super tiny.

I took a pic next to the shampoo so you could see the size.

I use disposable wipes with cloth diapers as well and I just throw everything into the bag. The wipes go through the wash and dryer. I pick them out as I fold the laundry. Haven't had any issues with lint or shredding. We use the Kirkland brand.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29169.jpg

emelsea
09-02-2005, 06:27 AM
DH uses the disposable wipes when he does diaper changes, and he just leaves the wipe inside the folded up diaper. They go through the wash and I pick them out either between the washer/dryer or after when I'm folding. They don't fall apart or make more lint.

american_mama
09-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Angie, where did you find yours? Also, do you worry about the amount of poop on the disposable wipes and that poop mixing with everything in the wash? On the diapers, I spray or scrap most of the poop off, so I feel like it's not seriously contaminating the laundry. But with wipes, it somehow seems ickier to me.

I'm not really interested in cloth wipes, which would be more sprayable, but I may have to give them a try.

new_mommy25
09-02-2005, 12:07 PM
I found it at the dollar store. I;ve never worried about the poop in the washer though these days my DS's poops are pretty solid.

elliput
09-03-2005, 09:05 PM
I found this can w/lid at Bed Bath & Beyond in the bathroom section. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=12338970&RN=13 It may be a bit bigger than what you are looking for, but it meets your criteria otherwise.