PDA

View Full Version : OT: Mama Cloth, what to use?

searchdog
09-06-2005, 07:39 AM
OK mamas I am going to make some mama cloth pads for myself, but need to know what exactly to use to make them. Here is what I currently have on hand, PUL, microfleece, flannel, cotton, alova suede, and hemp fleece. So I need to know what to use and how many layers I should use of what and in what order? I also don't mind buying different fabrics if need be.

Thanks

tarahsolazy
09-06-2005, 10:18 AM
I think you have several options, there. I haven't tried pads with PUL, but I have really light periods, so keep that in mind.

I like the pads I have that are windpro fleece backed, then have hemp fleece soakers, then microfleece or velour. Several WAHMS make them pocket style to adjust absorbancy. You could do that?

I have flannel/velour pantiliners that I really like. They are made of that thick unbleached Killington flannel.

calebsmama03
09-06-2005, 04:39 PM
If you're not a heavy period person, you might not need PUL. I just find it hot. I prefer my wool bodies (layer against the underwear) with a snap-on soaker of hemp or cotton topped with velour. I have MnM pads which are just hemp fleece (fuzzy side out) with a layer of PUL type material, and I do like that as well.
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

lizajane
09-06-2005, 06:08 PM
i am not a "real" mama cloth user, but i have used my ds's homemade velour wipes as a liner before and i gotta say, go with velour! or fleece topped. velour was faaaaaaaaabulous. i may have to make some velour undies, LOL!

emelsea
09-07-2005, 08:45 AM
I made myself some liners out of two layers of flannel and one layer of microfleece (for the side that goes against my bloomers), and they are "just right" for me. I was having trouble finding liners that weren't bulky IMO.

trumansmom
09-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Here's a link to where you can buy velour undies. :) I've not tried them, but I may have to now! I LOVE velour topped mama cloth!

http://www.decentexposures.com/under.shtml

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!