PDA

View Full Version : Geez: More Questions, Covers This Time!

shburks
09-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Sorry, gals. I have more questions!! If you all weren't so helpful, I wouldn't ask so many questions!! ha ha

OK, I've taken Eileen's advice and ordered some of her favorite fitteds to try out on my little heavy wetter. However, now I need more covers. I only have a few. They've been working OK until recently, but suddenly ds is peeing through those, too. UGH! I have a couple of BRU covers and one Bummis SWW. I'm not loving the fit of the Bummis one. The BRU covers fit well, but he's wet all the way through those a couple of times, too. :)

I didn't want to do wool because it seems like so much trouble. Do I have another option? Is there any machine washable wool?? Would fleece work or does that not work for heavy wetters? Any PUL ones that you just LOVE?

Sorry for all the questions but thanks for your help.

Susan

Momof3Labs
09-08-2005, 02:56 PM
For truly heavy wetters, the Motherease Airflow cover is tops. Skip the Bumpy - it is a nice cover but tends to wick for heavy wetters. Fleece can be fine, but tends to get compression leaks. Wool can be great, and is actually VERY easy to care for since you have to wash it so rarely! It is best washed by hand since washable wool has no lanolin (the stuff that makes wool water resistant).

JBaxter
09-08-2005, 03:08 PM
I have used fleece alot at night. My covers are the windpro from www.thecalicobaby.com.
Jeana