PDA

View Full Version : Remember those ridged velour wipes I was looking for? Rave for SCC.

kitmama
09-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Well, Erica at Simon's Custom Cloth found some for me! I posted awhile back looking for a place to buy ridged velour wipes, since I had one freebie ridged velour wipe that I like a lot. The WAHM who sent me the original wipe didn't have anymore, so I went hunting for another place to find them. No one had them, but Erica contacted me back later to say she'd found some ridged velour and would I like her to make some wipes? Yes!

I ordered several ridged velour wipes, and also some burley knit terry/velour wipes and a few other things. When they arrived, I immediately loved the BKT/velour wipes. They're fat, but so luscious, and that BKT is fantastic for yucky poo messes! The ridged velour didn't seem right- it didn't have the same feel as the wipe I already owned. Oh, well- it was worth a shot!

But over a few months and multiple washes, those ridged velour wipes are really breaking in nicely- they are now exactly what I was looking for originally! So I am very pleased.

Anyway, I just wanted to post my kudos to Simon's Custom Cloth. What excellent customer service! The wipes are great, too- the serging is not as tight and tidy as on my Darling Diapers wipes, but I don't mind that. They are holding up wonderfully with heavy rotation. I think it's really cool that Erica remembered what I was looking for and took the trouble to find it for me. :)

mainepotato
09-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Oh, that is really cool that she remembered what you were looking for! What great service!

I just saw some ribbed velour on ebay today and wondered how it would be for a wipe.. Good for gripping the poop, or too rough for the bottom. I'm glad to know how it worked out!