PDA

View Full Version : stupid wool question

katydid1971
09-23-2005, 12:11 PM
I looked through cding 101 and couldn't find my answer so here goes. I just found an Aristocrat "never used" at a local consignment shop and was wondering how to lanolize it. Do you use the lanolin that is used for breast feeding? What about wool wash, what type should I get and will that lanolize the soaker?
Thanks for the help.
Sarah
PS I love typing one handed holding DS :)

JBaxter
09-23-2005, 01:01 PM
What I do to lanolize is - hand wash with wool wash. There are several different kinds I have kookabara right now. To lanolize I heat a cup of water with an inch of purlan till it melts then add a dash of baby soap then pour into half a sink of cool water ( mine turns a littl milky) swish around and let soak for a while ( how long depends on what I am doing). I then squeeze out the wanter and wrap in a towel and roll tight to get some of the water out. Dry flat. I know some of the other ladies here may do things a little differently. BTW I just bought a bottle of liquid lanolin that I will be trying his week.

tarahsolazy
09-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Jeana's instructions are fine. However, crats have significant lanolin in them right out of the package. You can just give it a try without lanolizing first, if you want to. (Says the lazy mama who lanolizes wool covers every 3-4months)

I love Aristocrats. I have been using the same two larges, bought used, for over a year now. Excellent value, and soft and cozy, too.