PDA

View Full Version : CD and septic?

tarabenet
09-29-2005, 08:06 PM
We will be moving to my family's place in the country, and we are on septic system there. Anyone have experience with this? Is CD cleaning too hard on the septic system? From what I've been reading here, it sounds like bleach is not the necessary step I assumed.

Just trying to be prepared! TIA

Benet

marcywench
09-29-2005, 08:35 PM
I've not started yet, but I'm not too worried about our septic system. It doesn't seem that it should be a problem. I do wash fairly regularly, and I almost never use bleach. From what I've read, I it's mostly water you'll be using. It doesn't take much in the way of chemicals.

Good luck!

bcky2
09-29-2005, 08:39 PM
i have septic at the house that i am at now and it is not a problem at all. you dont use bleach on them so there is nothing to really worry about. the good thing is if they are on well water you dont have to pay for all the water you use to do all the rinses ;)

squimp
09-29-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm not on septic now, but I know a bit about the systems. It's just like doing extra loads of laundry, so it shouldn't be a big problem. The septic is made to handle waste, so .... it should do fine with diaper water.

And bleach is pretty rough on diapers, I'd use it only sparingly.

kensjen
09-30-2005, 06:24 PM
No problem with the septic system. We have one too, and I have been CDing for almost 2 years. I never even thought about that being an issue, you are just doing a few extra loads of laundry a week.

I've never used bleach, most people don't unless they are having a big stink problem.

Good luck!

tarabenet
09-30-2005, 09:31 PM
I knew I could count on y'all to have the info I needed! That was a major hurdle for me in the decision on which way to go on dipes. I just always assumed bleach, because I remember my baby brother's diapers or pail or something smelling like bleach.

Thanks!