PDA

View Full Version : Night time leaks with sposies

amazz
09-30-2005, 08:23 PM
My DD just started leaking out of her dipes during the night. Yes, she is a very heavy drinker (ok that didn't sound right, but ykwim!, LOL!) but at her age (almost 1 year) I don't necessarily want to limit her intake if she is thirsty. We are currently in size 4 in Luvs b/c of the horrible Pampers. These work great during the day, but not so much at night anymore. Any suggestions on what to do? I am getting a little annoyed at having to change her pjs (usually wears them at least 2 times) and sheets every morning!

TIA!
Angela
mama to my raisin and furry mama to Chloe
~ A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

teddy
09-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Oh, just went through this, like 2 or so weeks ago. Some moms here recommended Huggies Goodnight diapers. They are extra padded. My neighbor also recommended the Albertson's (store grocery brand) Doublers, which look like a maxi pad you put in the diaper to absorb extra pee.

I combined the both of them and made sure I had the diaper on well. So far, so good - no leaks.

HTH!

mudder17
09-30-2005, 08:46 PM
No experience with sposies, but here are a coule of ideas: Can you put a cover over her sposies? That would at least prevent leaks from getting on her PJs and bedding. You could also add a doubler or maxipad to the diaper to boost its absorbency.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif , 19 months, hoping for 2 years

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png

Momof3Labs
10-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Goodnights are for toddlers and preschoolers - will be much too big for her. Try Huggies Overnights. They have worked well for us!!

Puddy73
10-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Huggies Supremes, Huggies Overnights or Target brand diapers in the purple package all work well for my heavy wetter.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle 9/03 & a little pumpkin due 10/05

"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience." - Woodrow Wilson

JTsMom
10-01-2005, 12:24 PM
We have the same problem with DS who is 4 mos. Pampers were, by far, the worst. Luvs is what we have been using, and we have had the same experience with them as you.

I just tried the Huggies Overnights last night, and we had the worst leaking ever- way worse than the Luvs even. I think if I would have gotten them 1 size bigger, they *might* have worked, but I don't plan on giving it another shot until I try the other options.

Today we are trying Huggies Supremes. They also seem a little small, but are stretchy- I'm hoping they do the trick. The real test will be tonight.

The sheet/pj changes are the biggest pain in the neck! We co-sleep, so every morning I have to shove my sheets and king sized mattress pad into my washer. I'm ready to lose it.

emilys_mom
10-02-2005, 12:18 AM
I was having a similar problem with my daughter as she neared three months. Someone advised me to go up to a size 3, even thought she was about 3 lbs. shy of the mark. I tried it, and haven't had any trouble since.

Of course, none of her onesies fit anymore now... :)

I was using Pampers, but had tried all the name brands before going up a size, and none of them worked. I'm now using White Cloud from Wal-mart.

hez
10-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Besides the options to try other brands, it might be time to move up a size. Besides the larger dimensions (and in Luvs, sizes 4 & 5 aren't much different in size), there's more AGM (the gel that absorbs the wet) as you get into the larger sizes.

We always leaked at night before we leaked during the day when Payton was ready for the next size. We're about to move to size 6 (at night first) for just that reason.

Marisa6826
10-03-2005, 01:41 AM
I know it sounds crazy, but we've been putting Poise pads in Sophie's dipes at night and it's completely solved our problem. Before we figured this trick out, we tried regular Stayfrees (didn't absorb enough and really smelled), doubling her dipes, etc.

This has worked for us very well and have only had one single leak over about ten-twelve weeks - and I think that was because she woke up late that morning.

-m

booboo1
10-09-2005, 05:42 AM
We had this problem with DS, when he was 14 months -

tried - Huggies Overnights, larger diapers, a maxi pad.

We finally settled - CVS "Premium" diapers (same generic company that makes Albertson's, but our Albertson's stopped carrying the "premiums", AND a doubler.

The maxi pad flopped because once it filled, the pee hit the plastic back and rolled right out the legs.

I found doublers at Albertsons and BRU for about the same price ($3.50 for 30). DS outgrew this after about 5 months.

Good luck!

TahliasMom
10-12-2005, 03:17 PM
we won't give dd any liquid 1 hour before bedtime and we put her on the potty before and after bathtime. we have only had 1 leak in the past month. we're using the walmart white cloud diapers.

amazz
10-13-2005, 10:16 PM
We are using the Huggies overnights in 4's now. I don't think we need to move up sizes, b/c they would be up to her armpits if we did. :D So we do Luvs 4's during the day and Huggies overnights 4's at night and so far, no leaks! I'm bookmarking this thread, though, in case we have any other problems.

Thanks for all your advice!!!
Angela
mama to my raisin and furry mama to Chloe
~ A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg