PDA

View Full Version : Covers w/Umbilical Notch?

mainepotato
10-03-2005, 09:00 AM
First of all, are they necessary? And second, are there any other than NB Proraps and Green Earth? What do moms do when their babies grow out of NB proraps/GE but still have the cord stub attached?

I'm having a little pre-baby panic here! I have (or am waiting on) all these covers and just realized that only the two NB proraps have the umbilical notch! Am I going to be in trouble with only two covers that first week or two, or is there some way to use the other covers as well?

2 NB Proraps (6-10lbs)
2 NB Bummis Whisper Pant (to 10lbs)
1 NB Bumpy Night Cover- jungle (6.5-13lbs)
1 SM Polar Bummi Fleece Cover (6-13lbs)
2 SM Calico Baby Fleece Covers (8-16lbs)
1 SM Prorap (9-14lbs)
1 SM Bumpy Night Cover- white (11-17lbs)
1 MD Loveybum Wool Interlock (9-22lbs)
1 MD Bijou Baby Gear Wool cover (??? lbs)

Thank you :)

tarahsolazy
10-03-2005, 02:10 PM
I found that you could just pull the whisper pant waistband either way below the cord, or above it, so it didn't get too irritated. The stump will fall out in 3 days-3 weeks in most babes so its a short term thing. I think your proraps and whisper pants should be fine. I did love the Green Earth, and they run big. The NB size lasted at least a month, at which time DS weighed about 12lbs!

mainepotato
10-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Great! I was wondering if I could use the whisper pants early on. That will really help! Maybe I'll pick up a GE and I'll be good to go. I hope her stub falls off quickly because I can hardly wait to try out my other covers!! :-)