PDA

View Full Version : Help with Happy Heinys - Size Small

Crisyn
10-04-2005, 01:12 PM
So, I tried my Happy Heiny's (solids) on one of the twins last night - she is currently 7.5lbs - and it leaked like crazy out of the legs. I had it stuffed with the Happy Heiny insert with one oval. I know that you are not supposed to roll in the fleece, and the diaper seemed to fit her fine, so what am I doing wrong?
It was almost like the diaper didn't absorb ANY of the pee?

SeekerMage
10-04-2005, 02:08 PM
It sounds like maybe the diaper was repelling....check to make sure - if you put some water on the top and it just sits there its repelling, it should when touched slightly soak into it. I think thats how it works atleast. Also make sure you have enough of a soaker pad in there to absorb and that you have it tight enough on her. Slight red marks on the legs is ok. HTHs :)

american_mama
10-04-2005, 10:13 PM
I have often used Happy Heiney smalls over the past several months (one solid, two prints). I usually stuff with a trifolded preemie prefold, positioned more towards the front and wide enough to touch both sides. I used to get leaks, but not so much anymore, not sure why. One print was worse than another, so that's part of it; sometimes my daughter's legs would really push in the sides of the prefold and leave that area unprotected. I love the fit and look of the Happy Heineys, and those legholes do seem comfortable and prevent red marks, but I must admit that the design seems to be asking for trouble.

It helps to change frequently (for me, two hours is about the max in a Happy Heiney). They are probably still my favorite diapers because of the great fit and look, but I do have others that perform better.

Oh yeah, I also have a print Happy Heiney medium with a medium HH insert and I am remembering that I don't really care for the insert. It works better for me in a Fuzzibunz or as a doubler. It's also hemp, I think, and may be a bit slow to absorb pee, letting it run off before absorbing. You could try adding a layer of something easily absorbent, like a microfiber towel or a prefold (might have to trim both to avoid excess bulk), lay it on top of the insert and see if that helps.