PDA

View Full Version : Huggies Supreme vs Huggies Overnites

nadmad
10-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Which one is better in your experience?
I bought the Overnites thinking that "oh, must be good since it's overnites". but the overnites are much thinner than the supremes!

DS is 5 months old, and doesnt poop at night. But he drinks a lot, and so pees a lot.

Thanks!
Nana

niccig
10-04-2005, 03:16 PM
We don't use Supremes so I can't compare that. But DS is a supersoaker fire hose at night and the Huggies Overnights are the only thing that doesn't leak, and I've tried different disposables and cloth. I don't know what the difference is, but they work for us - it holds a ton of pee.

Nicci

hez
10-04-2005, 07:26 PM
I'm not a Huggies girl-- but can say that it's not really the amount of fluff that holds the wet-- it's the amount of AGM (the gel).

I have no idea if the Overnights have more AGM than the Supremes-- have fun experimenting!

julieakc
10-05-2005, 01:20 AM
I could have written your post. I was just at Target today and bought the overnights for the first time; usually I buy the supremes, but like you wondered what the difference is and figred I'd check it out. When I opened the package I agree that the overnites seem thinner, but maybe the stuff inside is more absorbant?

DS is only in disposables at night. I use CD during the day, but for night time I didn't want him laying in his pee all night. I use a diaper service (therefore prefolds) and doubling made him way to bulky...thus the disposables at night. Unless anyone has other suggestions? I know there's some sort of insert thing out there, but since I use a service I don't wash diapers myself.

Back to the original issue....maybe I'll have the answer before too long.

sidmand
10-05-2005, 02:26 AM
We just switched since DS outgrew his Pampers Swaddlers (which I loved) and have been using the Supremes during the day and the Overnites at night. To be honest, I didn't notice that much of a difference in thickness (we have the size 3s for both although DS is *maybe* 16-17 lbs.

Although we had a few leaks at first, I think it was mainly user error. Since then, no leaks! (Knock on wood) And DS pees a lot too. He's starting to sleep longer longer too, so he's going longer between changes at night and the Overnites still work well. The Overnites seem to come up higher and cover more area, but I'm not sure exactly what makes them better for overnight.

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

Momof3Labs
10-05-2005, 07:59 AM
The overnights are much stiffer (almost cardboard-y), which is all of the absorbent material.

We love Huggies Overnights when we use disposables at nighttime!

saschalicks
10-05-2005, 05:50 PM
We've been using Huggies Overnights exclusively now for a couple of months and it is the ONLY thing that stopped the overnight leaks. I like you couldn't believe that a thin diaper could do this, but it actually works.

Also, when DS is in between sizes we use Supremes during the day, but they still aren't as absorbant as Overnights for nighttime. When not using Supremes we use Target brand and love them.

love2stamp
10-07-2005, 07:39 AM
I am so glad to read all these posts on what diapers to use at night. DS has been soaking his diapers for a couple of nights and none of us are getting any rest. I'm buying the overnites today!

Karen