PDA

View Full Version : Needing to supplement toddler stash

kep
10-13-2005, 05:32 PM
I am getting a few more dipes for my string bean, heavy wetting, 28 pound son. I have been using pocket dipes (with a few Kissaluvs and Loveybums thrown in), but after trying Benjamuffins night time diapers, I would love to find some fitteds for daytime. I am also going to need some covers, too. Could anyone (Eileen? :) ) suggest a couple brands to check out? Thanks!

Kelli
Mommy to my beautiful little boy, Luke (April 2003)

"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you.
Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of life."
Maureen Hawkins

mudder17
10-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Ooh, I don't have a sting bean here. I believe Lori's (Momof3Labs) Colin, Nita's Neels and Lizajane's Schuyler are all string beans and would have better suggestions. But I will say I love the Bijou Baby Gear diapers and they might be worth trying. IIRC, Angie's Noah is fairly slim (but not a string bean, I don't think) and they fit him very well. Interestingly, they also fit Kaya very well, although I think (Angie can correct me) Noah where's a medium and Kaya can fit both a medium and a large. If you ask her to make an extra doubler for it, she will, and that's held up to my heavy wetter. For covers, my current favorite is my Angeldry Stretch wool (front aplix) covers. I have a medium and a large and use the medium for day time and the large for mostly nights (but as a back up during the day). I also just ordered a Babykin Nylon cover (for when I want the cover to be really thin) and will be trying that out.

Oh, and I seem to recall that Lizajane was using motherease fitted diapers for her heavy wetting string bean. She just stuffed them with a couple of hemp doublers to increase the absorbency and they worked quite well. They're not the trimmest of diapers, but they definitely work. Since they're pretty cheap (you can get a try it deal of fitted + cover for a very good price), it would be worth trying, I would think. But be prepared to add a doubler or two. Since you have been using pocket diapers, maybe you could use some of your hemp inserts as doublers.

HTH!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

new_mommy25
10-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Yes, I really like BijouBabyGear. Sign up for her yahoo group to get stocking alerts. It looks like she is open for hemp orders. I have 7 of those and they are very absorbant. My son is 28 lbs. and 36" tall and fits very well into the size large with the tabs crossed over. I highly recommend these diapers.

nitaghei
10-13-2005, 10:58 PM
We mostly do pockets and AIOs for day, as DS is in daycare. But I highly recommend the Angeldry wool or fleece covers. These are amazing, and seem to work for a lot of different body shapes. I haven't tried the Angeldry fitteds, but might be worth a shot. Steph, the owner, is very sweet and great to work with.
www.angeldrydiapers.com

For fitteds, I really like the one Loveybums we have. Also second (or third) the recommendation for Bijoubabygear (Jamie is very sweet too). I don't have any fitteds, but I really like the fit of the one fleece AIO I have from her. I have one Motherease dipe I've been using on DS since he was 8 months old, and it's still in great shape, and works well. I do have to add a doubler, though. The other fitteds in my stash are Doodlebottoms (like these) and Sugarpeas (don't really like these - but the side snapping ones are much better than the front snapping).

HTH

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)