PDA

View Full Version : New CD for 11mo old?

megv
10-15-2005, 07:50 AM
I really want to take the plunge into CDs for my 11 mo old DS. Any suggestions for the best dipe to start? We will most likely stick to sposies for nighttime for now since his AM dipes are already soaked. I was thinking of the FB with an insert. Also, he is ~20lbs. Can I go with the large since he may be out of mediums quickly? He is not a real chunker - his head alone probably adds 8 lbs :-) Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks.

JBaxter
10-15-2005, 08:27 AM
I use mainly fitteds with covers ( righteous baby & very baby are my fav fits) but I recently tried a calico baby AIO ( they dry quickly) and I REALLY like it. It fits very much like my lucys hope chest AIO. I have 2 happy heiny's that work well for us ( some people have wicking problems but I havent had any) and the other pocket style I like are apron string baby things fleece pockets.

samwyatt
10-15-2005, 08:52 AM
FWIW, I just started CDing my 20month old about a month ago. I've tried SnapEZ, MotherEase, Knickernappies, Wonderoos, BabyBlanket, Harleez, Kissaluvs w/ a couple of different types of covers, Snug to fit.... and I think the fuzzi bunz are my favorites. For fleece covers, I've tried a few and calico baby are my faves for those.

HTH!

Amber

KrisM
10-15-2005, 02:25 PM
My DS is 17 months and is about 29 lbs. He still wears medium FB during the day with room to spare on the snaps. I think larges would be too big. Some would say go with Petite Toddler, since those are mediums with a longer rise.

shburks
10-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Hello and welcome! My ds is almost a year old and is about the same size. There is no way he could wear larges! Even some of his mediums are on the tightest snaps or velcro pretty tight!

I do disposables overnight, too, because my ds is such a heavy wetter. :)

I guess it really depends on what you want to start with. I personally like AIOs (all in ones) for the ease; ds is a heavy wetter, though, so I've discovered only a couple work well for him: Very Baby AIO, Bum Ware AIOs, and I've just gotten a Baybee AIO that I really like. I also do fitteds/covers but don't care for pockets--just my preference! The fitteds I really like are Muttaqin, Benjamuffins, and Bijou Baby.

GL

Susan

calebsmama03
10-15-2005, 03:34 PM
I started CDing DS when he was 10 mos (though only about 16lb or so) and I started with AIO style diapers for ease of transition. If your son is not a heavy wetter this could work for you. I liked that I could buy extra snap ins (soakers) and reuse the same shell several times unless poopy. This made it more economical in the beginning when I wasn't sure what I wanted nor whether I'd continue with it. I had Lucy's Hope Chest AIO's and Angel Wraps AIO's at first - loved them both. Now with DD I use mostly fitteds with covers, DS still wears mostly AIO's during the day and fitteds for nap/night. He was 28.5 lb and 36 inches in July and his Mediums still fit him, though some are getting short. The sizing depends on the diaper, though, as some run much smaller than others. ANother good option would be a one size fitted (Muttaquin, SOS) or AIO (wonderoos). I never got pockets to work well for us but many love them because they go on easy (fUzzibunz, wonderoos, happy heiny's, snapeez). I can't help with sizing on those.
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

trumansmom
10-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the other side! I only made the switch a few months ago, and I LOVE it! My DD weighs about 21 pounds, and is a solid medium. The only times we have had leaks have been when I've tried to put her in a large.

I have limited experience with a variety of dipes, because I found Daisy Doodles early on and LOVE them. It's pretty much all we use. If you are looking for a good, trim AIO, I highly recommend them.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

almostamom
10-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Welcome to CDing! My son is the same age and size as yours. We've tried LOTS of different dipes. At this stage, we use three - for regular daytime we useDaisy Doodles AIOs and Swaddlebees pockets - they are both very trim and fit well under his clothes. At naptime we use Happy Heinys pockets (I've heard people had wicking issues with prints, so we've always used solids). We just bought larges in all of these within the last month. Good luck to you!

HTH,
~Linda~
DS 11/04