PDA

View Full Version : Luvs diapers causing rashes

cleo27
10-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Hello,

We have been using Pampers cruisers for about 6 months now and were doing great with them, but they are so much more expensive and I didn't have a coupon, so last time I was at BJs I bought a big box of Luvs (we had used them for a while when she was younger but stocked up on the Cruisers with the Amazon deal). Anyway, the new Luvs look different than when we bought them before. After using these dipes for just a few days, it seems that DD is getting a lot of overall redness and even some little red bumps and I can't think of anything else it could be - I think it is the new dipes.

I know Luvs has a return policy for if the dipes leak, but do you all think it would cover this? Has anyone else had this problem with Luvs? The only other time she has had rash problems is when she was on antibiotics and the occasional time when she had a poopy diaper for too long (but that has not happened at all lately.)

Thanks,

HawkeyeGal
10-16-2005, 07:00 PM
My son had the same issue with Luvs - little red bumps and rash, some of the bumps would weep and bleed. We just figured it was the fragrence in them. We've had to stick with Huggies. I just gave the Luvs to my SIL. Good luck.

Canna
10-16-2005, 07:19 PM
My DD gets started getting those when we tried Pampers Cruisers instead of Huggies - I blamed the scent and color in the Pampers (even though we used Swaddlers with no issues when she was younger). She got a fine bumpy rash that looked different from her previous regular diaper rash. The Luvs are scented too, maybe they have some different ingredient in them that your DD is sensitive to now. I gave away the rest of the Pampers that we had bought.

hez
10-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Yes, Luvs perfume is different than Pampers perfume (Pampers perfume is the same on Swaddlers, Cruisers & Baby Dry). Luvs tested a new perfume this summer and changed back to original. Everything is safety tested, of course, but it is a difference.

Otherwise, I'm not completely up on what other material differences there are (besides the obvious stretch difference!) between Luvs and Cruisers.

Call the 1-800 # whether or not you want something out of this. They need to hear your feedback that you're having problems so they have that data for future improvements.

Ryansmommy
10-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Hi

I had the same exact problem with my DS when I switched to these. He had little red bumps appear and when I stopped using them they went away. I called the 800 number on the box and told them about it and I followed their instructions for the no leak guarantee and they sent me my money back. You need your store receipt for that, if you dont have it call the number and ask for an operator they'll either send you your money back or give you coupons for free boxes and if you dont want the free luvs coupons tell them you want pampers coupons instead and they will send them. This is what they did for me. Hope this helps.

jillybean
10-17-2005, 04:37 PM
I would take them back to the store you purchased them from. I have done that before. They should take them back even though you have opened the package. I just recently tried "smiles" diapers at Sam's and my little guy broke out too. They were more than happy to refund my $$.

Good luck,
Jill
ds (10/28/03)