PDA

View Full Version : DIfference between Pampers Cruisers and Baby Dry??

searchdog
10-19-2005, 01:20 PM
We are full time cloth family but are going on vacation again (I had questions several months ago when we went on vacation as well). Before me switched to cloth when DD was 6 months old we used Swaddlers, and on our last vacation we used Cruisers.

BUT I just got a sample of a Size 4 Baby Dry diaper and it looks almost exactly like the Cruisers we used. They also sent me a $2 off coupon so I am thinking if we can get away with Baby Dry diapers for our trip to Disney in a few weeks it would save money. So is it worth the savings or should I get the Cruisers just to be safe. DD isn't quite into a size 4 I don't think, it looks huge so I don't know if I can try it, I might just try it anyway to see.

I have debated taking all of Fuzzi Bunz (that is all we use) with us but that means I would have to do diaper laundry at least 3 times while on vacation in the hotel laundry room and that would probably cost more than just buying a pack of disposable diapers for the 7-8 days. I remember washing a coupls of loads of clothes last year and it cost $8-10 for just two loads to wash and dry, so I can't imagine the cost of doing diapers with extra rinses and things.

Thanks for any info on these diapers.

lilycat88
10-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Meg,
They work well for some kids. I've never actually used Baby Dri for Susanna (We're a cruisers family) but from what I've seen of them, they aren't as stretchy as the Cruisers. I'm thinking that especially around the waist. DD tends toward runny poops all the time so having the snug fit around the back of the waist is very important. I think the little tabs might not stretch on Baby Dri either.

Totally different topic...
How's Maggie doing with the braces? It's been about 3 weeks now hasn't it. I posted a "how's it going" post a couple of weeks ago but I don't think you saw it.

Have a fun vacation!

Jamelin
DD Susanna 6/29/04
1 year stats: 32.5 inches tall, 25 1/2 lbs.

searchdog
10-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the responce. I just did a search and found your other post in the lounge, I never saw it I am so sorry. I will post how it is going over there on that thread.

shburks
10-20-2005, 01:26 PM
I agree with the PP. We use disposables for overnight and vacations (nursery at church, etc). My personal fav is Pampers Cruisers but we'll use the Baby Dry just because they're cheaper! As far as I can tell the biggest difference is that the Cruisers are stretchier around the waist (like stretchy around the tabs) and the Cruisers tabs are a bit more like velcro whereas the Baby Dry tabs are a little bit more sticky. Both work fine for us...I just prefer the Cruisers! :)

Susan

hez
10-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Biggest differences (as a user) are the stretch (yes on Cruisers, not so much on Baby Dry) & the core. Premium diapers like Cruisers generally have a higher capacity than 'regular' diapers like Baby Dry.

I've used both, though we usually prefer Cruisers-- and as long as Payton's at the low end of the size range he generally does just fine in Baby Dry. Near the top end, he does better in Cruisers.

edited for clarity

aliceinwonderland
10-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Cruisers are just much better,in our experience.

But I recently tried the Target brand, and to me they seem exactly the same as the Pamper's cruisers, which have been our favorite 'sposie. I am kicing myself now for not trying teh target brand soones, as they hare far cheaper. Ah well, I know now.

tiapam
11-07-2005, 02:00 PM
I also got a size 4 in the mail, and it is supposedly improved. I thought it looked like a Cruiser, too! I have not used it yet. Will post a review when I do.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004

tiapam
11-11-2005, 11:24 PM
It was nothing to get excited about. It does feel more clothlike, which is strange, because the Cruiser is getting more like paper.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004