PDA

View Full Version : Thrush and my cloth

marcywench
10-24-2005, 10:37 PM
I have thrush. Isabella doesn't seem to have any symptoms. Her mouth and bum are both clear.

My doula suggested that I might want to stick with sposies for a few weeks until I'm sure that the problem is gone, as thrush can be so persistent. However, I have a front loader Kenmore that has a sanitary cycle...DH (who is now cloth crazy!!!) thinks that this cycle should make with the killing of the yeastiness.

Did any of you deal with thrush and successfully kick it, while staying in cloth? (I imagine you mommies have done it...)

Jenn98
10-25-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't know if I'm the most qualified to answer your questons as we are still fighting thrush (had it since DD was born 12 weeks ago) and I don't have the washer you do. But, it was also suggested to me that we not CD in an effort to keep the thrush at bay. As far as the laundry goes, I wash everything in hot with regular detergent and a cup of color safe bleach. I then run it through with a cup of vinegar. It's hard on clothes, but thrush is harder on my nipples! :)

If you really want to use cloth, I would suggest using the hottest water you can (check your water heater to be sure it's at the right temp. I think I read it needed to be above 120 degrees, but I'm not positive on the number.) and then I would run everything through again with a cup of vinegar. Also, if you can, let anything/everything lay in the sun to dry. The ultraviolet rays are particularly good at killing thrush.

good luck! I hope you kill the thrush soon!

Jenn

ribbit1019
10-26-2005, 10:17 AM
I had thrush when DD was smaller. Well, LC, ped and myself agree, however a formal diagnosis was never done by my Dr.

So what I am saying is take this with a grain of salt, BUT we kept cloth diapering and I did not notice any further continuation of the problem after treatment had ended.

I agree that the sanitize cycle should take care of it. Also if you want to be extra sure, I agree with PP about putting them in the sun. :)

So sorry you have thrush though, it bites big time.

Christy
"My Mommy" to Maddy born 06/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
and soon to Little Man due 03/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png