PDA

View Full Version : AIOS - and does anyone have Calico Babys?

Judegirl
10-26-2005, 07:52 PM
I've only tried an AngelWrap AIO and thought it very bulky. But since people here have said they're trim, I wonder whether bulk just comes with the AIO territory? Or if it's not bulky, it's not absorbent (which is what I've heard said of Daisy Doodles.)

Either way, if you have a CB AIO, please let me know what it's like!

Thanks!
Jude

Judegirl
10-26-2005, 07:52 PM
I've only tried an AngelWrap AIO and thought it very bulky. But since people here have said they're trim, I wonder whether bulk just comes with the AIO territory? Or if it's not bulky, it's not absorbent (which is what I've heard said of Daisy Doodles.)

Either way, if you have a CB AIO, please let me know what it's like!

Thanks!
Jude

pittsburghgirl
10-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Jude,
I have a couple, they are not too bulky IMO (a little bit around the bum but the front isn't bad, I have the front-snap variety). I have the medium size which is supposed to be for 15-30 lbs. If you'd like to try one (we're not using them much at the moment, not doing 100% CD right now) I'd be happy to loan you one. You should be able to email me through my profile. I have occasionally been able to reuse a Calico Baby shell after a lighter wet and just snap in a new soaker (I have extras).

BTW we tried Daisy Doodles and there just wasn't enough absorbency in the front/crotch area to hold up to one of James's floods. (The bikini cut is quite narrow in the front/crotch.)

The other AIO that I have and like is bum-ware. They are Aplix, I have the QD version and they have worked well for us.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

pittsburghgirl
10-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Jude,
I have a couple, they are not too bulky IMO (a little bit around the bum but the front isn't bad, I have the front-snap variety). I have the medium size which is supposed to be for 15-30 lbs. If you'd like to try one (we're not using them much at the moment, not doing 100% CD right now) I'd be happy to loan you one. You should be able to email me through my profile. I have occasionally been able to reuse a Calico Baby shell after a lighter wet and just snap in a new soaker (I have extras).

BTW we tried Daisy Doodles and there just wasn't enough absorbency in the front/crotch area to hold up to one of James's floods. (The bikini cut is quite narrow in the front/crotch.)

The other AIO that I have and like is bum-ware. They are Aplix, I have the QD version and they have worked well for us.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

downwarddog
10-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Hi Jude,
I just entered the AIO scene this year. I don't have a lot, but I do have a CB! I love it! Now, don't quote me on any of the following as I'm going by memory here -- DD just went to bed so I'm trying to figure out which dipe belongs to which company!

My AngelWrap is a med Daisy print & so adorable! DD is a very heavy wetter & thin (she's 1 yr & 18 lbs) so it does gap a bit at the thigh. It could be a bit more absorbant for us as it will wick around the legs, but I think it's pretty trim!

I have a CB in a medium, but can't for the life of me remember what the print is? I know it's cute, pink fleece on the inside, & some sort of print on a lime green background. It's pretty average bulk-wise I think. If I can get a picture of it for you in the a.m., I will. I find it does wick once in a while, but not as easily as the AW.

I have an Angel Dry AIO -- it's Windpro with a lay-in something-or-other (could be hemp but it's pretty soft & feels like it has a brushed texture). That AIO is very bulky, even if I don't use the soaker. The Applix is like getting into Fort Knox, which is good since DD now knows how to work velcro!

Holly (from here) sent me 3 great AIOs! :-) They are FMBG, BeccaBottoms & one that has its tag worn off except for a picture of a frog on it. The BB is by far the trimmest! It's really amazing, & I'd like to order some more from BB. It's like a trim french cut bikini -- I'm pretty sure you'd love it, it's just so trim! The FMBG is pretty average (bulk-wise), the outer fabric tends to wick when her dipe is full, so I really have to remember to change it quicker than I would when wearing a FB. But the fabric (batik) is so gorgeous! The unknown dipe is a poinsettia print, works great, is pretty trim, but again, I don't know which company has a frog icon. Do you?

Hope that helps!
~Lenore
Mom to Acadia (9/04)

downwarddog
10-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Hi Jude,
I just entered the AIO scene this year. I don't have a lot, but I do have a CB! I love it! Now, don't quote me on any of the following as I'm going by memory here -- DD just went to bed so I'm trying to figure out which dipe belongs to which company!

My AngelWrap is a med Daisy print & so adorable! DD is a very heavy wetter & thin (she's 1 yr & 18 lbs) so it does gap a bit at the thigh. It could be a bit more absorbant for us as it will wick around the legs, but I think it's pretty trim!

I have a CB in a medium, but can't for the life of me remember what the print is? I know it's cute, pink fleece on the inside, & some sort of print on a lime green background. It's pretty average bulk-wise I think. If I can get a picture of it for you in the a.m., I will. I find it does wick once in a while, but not as easily as the AW.

I have an Angel Dry AIO -- it's Windpro with a lay-in something-or-other (could be hemp but it's pretty soft & feels like it has a brushed texture). That AIO is very bulky, even if I don't use the soaker. The Applix is like getting into Fort Knox, which is good since DD now knows how to work velcro!

Holly (from here) sent me 3 great AIOs! :-) They are FMBG, BeccaBottoms & one that has its tag worn off except for a picture of a frog on it. The BB is by far the trimmest! It's really amazing, & I'd like to order some more from BB. It's like a trim french cut bikini -- I'm pretty sure you'd love it, it's just so trim! The FMBG is pretty average (bulk-wise), the outer fabric tends to wick when her dipe is full, so I really have to remember to change it quicker than I would when wearing a FB. But the fabric (batik) is so gorgeous! The unknown dipe is a poinsettia print, works great, is pretty trim, but again, I don't know which company has a frog icon. Do you?

Hope that helps!
~Lenore
Mom to Acadia (9/04)

JBaxter
10-26-2005, 08:29 PM
I agree with the pp. I have had a calico baby aio for a couple weeks and I really like it. It fits well and I find I use it under Nathan's jeans alot. The fit reminds me of the Lucy's hope chest. I have a daisy doodle that just doesnt cut it and I dont even have a heavy wetter. I give the CalicoBaby's a thumbs up.

downwarddog
10-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Hi Jude,
Here are 3 pics (I hope I did this correctly!). The soaker is a trifold with a seafoam fleece on one-side.

HTH! If you get one, let us know what it looks like! :-)

~Lenore

Judegirl
10-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks so much, guys! I placed an order once I heard from all of you...will keep you posted. I hope they work, 'cause I ordered three!

Jude