PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what's going on with our CDs?

kristenk
10-29-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't know what's going on and I'm starting to get annoyed with DD's CDs. Last month, we went on a trip to visit the ILs. I didn't want to deal with washing CDs while we were there, so we used sposies. When we got back home, I switched DD back to CDs and her bottom & vulva turned bright red. I thought it was a fluke, but switched back to sposies for awhile so I could use Boudreux's to clear up the redness w/o fear of damaging the CDs. We eventually switched back to CDs and things were fine.

Fast forward to this month. We went on a trip to visit my mom. I didn't want to deal with washing CDs while we were there, so we used sposies. Today was the first day I put her in cloth and when we changed her first cloth dipe (a Baby Blanket) of the day, her bottom & vulva were bright red. What in the world is going on here??? She's down for a nap in a sposie with Boudreaux's smeared all over her. I'm just not feeling the CD love right now, especially since it seems I can get a better fit on her with Pampers Cruisers. :( Any idea why her bottom is turning red immediately?

Oh, my first thought last time was that she was reacting to the detergent, but I had boiled all of the dipes right before we left b/c any inserts I used in her overnight FBs reeked and I coudln't get the smell out any other way. I use Allen's detergent and am very careful to get all of the detergent out (at least one extra wash after the hot wash with detergent, sometimes more if I see suds on the window of my front-loader). Do you think it could be the detergent??

Edited to add: I forgot that we used some cloth dipes yesterday (both FB and BB). She was fine yesterday. Oops.

In other news, we just changed her 2nd sposie since switching from cloth due to red bottom and her rear is red again. I didn't do any Boudreaux's at the last sposie diaper change b/c the affected area was looking much better. Now I really have no idea what's going on. This last dipe was poopy, though, and that might have played a part.

searchdog
10-29-2005, 03:09 PM
My first thoughts when I read your post was that you have one of two things probably going on A)either buildup and you need to strip (although you said that you just boiled them) or B)the detergent is bothering your DD. I would probably run all of your diapers and inserts through a wash cycle and watch for suds. I too do an extra rinse and every once in awhile I still get buildup even with extra rinses.