PDA

View Full Version : Where to shop for great cloth wipes?

mamicka
11-07-2005, 05:46 PM
I want to get some really nice cloth wipes for my sister's baby shower. She will most likely use them as washcloths only so I think I'd like velour on one side (maybe both?). I've been searching old threads about wipes & most everyone recommends LHC or Darling Diapers. LHC wipes look great but I'd like to pick colors since it's for a gift. &it looks as though Darling Diapers doesn't make wipes anymore.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Allison

calebsmama03
11-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Hi Allison! How've you been? The 2 you already mentioned are my faves. I just ordered some frm LHC and they are super plush (velour/sherpa combo). LMK if you want to see them. If you e-mail her you can pick the colors but you never can tell what she'll have instock. I just got white on white, which I like. THough I would guess you could also dye them yourself or get someone to dye them for you too (Juliet might be able to)?? These are by far plusher than the Darling Diapers ones I had, and nicer than any others I've tried.
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

mamicka
11-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Hi Lynne! I'll email LHC & see what she has instock - Thanks!

Things are OK at the moment, I'm in home-improvement h### once again. DH just knocked-down our half-wall so there's a huge hole in the floor (great with a toddler, huh?) & hopefully everything will be done before Christmas. On top of that, C is only sleeping in 2-hour increments at night & only 30 minutes at a time during the day - so I'm dog-tired.

Otherwise, things are great ;)!

Did you ever find a good diaper/combo for S?

Allison

calebsmama03
11-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Found some do-able dipes but she still soaks through :( Sounds like we're in the same boat sleep-wise! S is generally 2.5h at night too, but will usually take 2 good naps (though C now generally refuses to nap so it does ME no good) We should get together soon - least we'd be good company for eachother - two zombies!! Want to meet at Story time or come here? I'll email later - got bouncing Matilda on my lap now and she wants me up and moving (today was not a decent nap day but C IS napping for the first time all week - FIGURES!!)
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

kitmama
11-07-2005, 09:14 PM
What about velour with burley knit terry? I requested that combo from Erica at Simon's Custom Cloth, and she did a nice job. They make a really plush thick wipe, perfect for washcloths (and for gross toddler poopy!)

I think I read that her family is sick right now, but you could e-mail her and see how things are going. She's very nice, and if she's able she will be happy to do up some custom wipes for you.

mamicka
11-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Have you tried a Daisy Doodles with S? I bought a used one off Ebay that wicks if I don't catch it in time, but the fit is really trim, especially through the crotch.

I'd love to get together again - there's a really great park off Quebec just north of Orchard, I think. L & C would probably love it. Or maybe just the park at Eastridge?

tarahsolazy
11-07-2005, 09:35 PM
I have some from Tykies which are nice. I emailed Anne because I had specific requests, which she was happy to accomdate. I like velour DH likes flannel, so I got one side of each. She usually has tons of instock, but the customs were really fast, less than a week.