PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fitted or pocket rec's

Jenn98
11-17-2005, 02:21 PM
DD is 3.5 months old, and is a tall, skinny peanut. Last week she weighed in at just under 12 pounds, but she is growing in length. (I'd measure her, but I'm not quite sure how and I am currently at work pumping and surfing the boards!) I planned on CD'ing when she was born, but a nasty case of thrush has had her in sposies. I think (and hope and pray!) that we are turning the corner with thrush and I want to get her back into cloth. I'm looking for rec's on fitted or pocket dipes and covers for tall, skinny babes. She is BF, so her poo is still quite runny. I'm happy with the prefolds/covers we have but DH and MIL, who watches DD while we are at work, would probably do better with a fitted or pocket. So, what do you love? Hate?

TIA!
Jenn

Momof3Labs
11-17-2005, 04:16 PM
DS was tall and skinny at that age, and medium FBs worked well for him (maybe a few pounds later - she might not be quite big enough yet). Cover-wise, we really liked Bumpy day covers. We used primarily SugarPeas side-snap size 1 dipes but that may have been closer to 6 months when DS's poop firmed up.

BabyLoveMom
11-17-2005, 04:49 PM
Mother of a tall, thin daughter here (now 6 months).

DD was in Kissaluvs 0s until 5 months old (13.5 pounds)and then transitioned to FuzziBunz mediums and Wonderoos. There were a few awkward weeks (between 13 & 14 pounds) where the FBs were too big at the legs. I much prefer the FuzziBunz right now as they are narrower between the legs. The wonderoos are much wider. Both hold in her runny BF poop really well.

Joez Bunz Hemp inserts and folded prefolds are our favorite stuffers.

american_mama
11-17-2005, 10:34 PM
My daughter was about 11 pounds at 4 months... or was it 6 months? She's tiny and still is at age 12 months. I have found the width of the crotch is the important factor in fit and trimness. Happy Heiney pockets have always been the best fit for her and never let the poop leak out, although they do sometimes wick from the pee. The smalls fit her a long time (she still wears them) and the mediums are just now fitting her. Solid colors will be better at avoiding wicking, but the prints are so cute I tend to prefer them. Fuzzibunz small's were and are still great on her (she's almost 17 pounds now, still fits well), never a leak at all. But they are a tad wide in the crotch for her.

I like Baby Blanket pockets, but the one I have is sized very big to me and have only been a good fit on DD since she was about 8 months and maybe 15 pounds. I believe I have a medium, which I thought was her smallest size, but it appears that she now has small's, so I am quite confused. Angel Dry pockets, size small, are also big and only recently fit her. Her snap covers, size small, are quite nice and would work well with fitteds.

Harleyz Dipeez (www.wahmarama.com, I think) are also narrow in the crotch and nice, but the nb/small size is really small. DD has pretty much outgrown it, and I just bought the next size (med/large) yesterday, but can't review it yet.

Sorry, I am not a fitted fan. I have a Kissaluv size 1 and it has always gotten saggy and gaps when it gets wet with pee, even now that she is bigger. My DD wears the snaps on the smallest settings.