PDA

View Full Version : I switched from Pampers...and loving the Huggies Supreme diapers!

deanna17
11-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Like a lot of you, I was so sad when my DD grew out of the Swaddlers. I then tried Cruisers and Baby Dry sz 3's and was unhappy with both. The Cruisers were "papery" feeling and too big/bulky compared to sz 2 Swaddlers. The Baby Dry would end up sagging down low on her little bum because of the lack of stretch. I even found a few pieces of elastic on her from the diaper...not cool. I called 1-800-Pampers and complained and received coupons. The only good news about the coupons is that they are good for a long time, so maybe Pampers will make some changes to win me back before the coupons expire!

A friend of mine loaned me a Huggies Supreme diaper and WOW what a difference!! So very soft on the outside (not as much as Swaddlers) and VERY soft on the inside. We have not had any leaks...even overnight and the fit is great! My DD is 6 1/2 months old and is 17 lbs 26.5 in and the size 3's fit her perfectly with room to grow b/c of all the stretch.

When DD was a newborn I used a few regular Huggies sz 1 and was not impressed...they all leaked. So, I was hesitant to try Huggies again, but I really love the Supremes and the colors/Pooh Bear are nice too (much more muted than the Cruisers).

Thanks for letting me share!

Deanna

jenny76
11-18-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm curious to know what the difference is between the regular Huggies (with the "gigglastic" waistband) and the supremes. I *hated* the regular Huggies I tried when my son was a newborn, but since Pampers changed the Cruisers, we decided to give Huggies another chance. This time, we have been pleased with them: no leaks, very stretchy waistband/tabs. I've contemplating trying the Supremes, but the regular ones have the stretchiness that we like (that White Cloud and Pampers Baby-Dry don't). What makes them worth the extra money?

RiaHannam
11-18-2005, 06:00 PM
In my experience Huggies for a newborn are awful. They leak leak leak! But once baby hits size 3 Huggies work great!

I was using LUVS but they changed them up and now they have this terrible blue and purple quilt design on the outside - and they run smaller than they used to. I almost cried when I opened the box and discovered this. We are using them up during the daytime and won't be buying them again.

When I tried Cruisers, I cringed at the gawdy designs - my word all that purple is AWFUL. I just can't stand looking at it so I decided not to buy them anymore. I have decided Huggies will be the best and have been using Ultratrims pretty regularly. To change things up a bit I tried some Supremes (great coupon) and WOW they are wonderful. Same 'gigglelastic' but softer outside, more stretchy, and a nice muted design on the outside. NO leaks at night with these at all. I really like them. They perform better than Cruisers and fit better IMO too.

Wow, that was long winded......

Momof3Labs
11-18-2005, 06:08 PM
We also switched to Huggies after outgrowing Swaddlers size 2, and I've heard of plenty of other moms doing it here too. Cruisers are so different from Swaddlers, and a huge jump in size. Huggies Supreme size 3's run a bit smaller and fill that gap so nicely. FWIW, Huggies did not work at all when DS was a newborn, but once we hit size 3 they worked well. After he outgrew the size 3 Supremes we were pretty much able to use Huggies and Pampers (and Luvs, too) interchangeably. Now we use Target dipes exclusively, except at night when we use Huggies Overnights.

hez
11-18-2005, 10:26 PM
> and they run smaller than they used to

Interesting that you're seeing this-- none of the dimensions on the Luvs dipes changed-- obviously some materials changed (colors and print and whatnot), but the actual size of the diaper didn't.

nfowife
11-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the reco, I think I'll be trying Huggies again next time I need a pack of dipes! I tried the size 2 supremes and they leaked, but maybe the 3's will be better. So far cruisers are working alright, but my DD is skinny and I'm having a problem with the tabs not sticking when you overlap them. So I have to make the diaper super super tight (so that the tabs more than overlap so the top one sticks) or too loose. I'll give huggies another chance!

megulis
11-20-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm hopping on the switching from Pampers Cruisers category. I just bought the Target brand supreme diaper and dislike the way they feel. So I am now intrigued by the Huggies brand. I have tried the ones that slip on like trainers or can be velcroed on regularly and had a leak; it was overnight. I was wondering what the differences between the Huggies Supreme and regular are. How bout Luvs or Baby Drys? I am confused.

I was on the CD wagon, but he just leaks all the time that I have given up. I am definitely CDing with the next one at least in the beginning. I could afford to use Pampers Cruisers when my son used them once in a while, but now that he uses them all the time it is expensive. Is BJs the cheapest you can get them?

Sorry for the slew of questions. I am just lost!

TIA.
Megulis

TonFirst
11-21-2005, 09:48 AM
I won't be using Pampers anymore for the product change / diaper rash issue, but when I switched to Huggies Supremes, I LOVED them during the day, but they leaked EVERY night. I used the size 4 because that's what A was in the Pampers, but I'm starting to wonder if I should use the size 5 Supremes - maybe that's why I'm having the leaks overnight (he sleeps for 12 hours uninterrupted, and I'm not about to change his diaper in the middle of the night, so our overnight dipes need to hold A LOT).

I have to give Pampers props - I NEVER had an overnight leak with them unless it was time to move up a size, so maybe if I try the size 5 Supremes, I won't have this problem?

Or should I try the regular Huggies in size 5? I mean, they sell those at Costco! A is 24 pounds and about 32 inches, so maybe 5's make sense? He's never fit into the size specs on the packages, I think because he's so tall.

Momof3Labs
11-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Try Huggies Overnights instead, probably in a size 4 (they run bigger than Supremes). That's our overnight staple, and they work great!