PDA

View Full Version : One-size (or two-size) diapers- what works?

kitmama
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
I know there are a variety of one-size diapers available, but what actually fits such a broad range of shapes and sizes well? I know it depends on the child, but what has (and hasn't) worked for you?

Some ideas off the top of my head- have you tried:
Motherease OS
Muttaqin OS
Sugarpeas TS
Wonderoos OS
Susie's OS

I know I'm forgetting a bunch. . .

The only one we've tried was a Sugarpeas size2, and it did not fit littleman very well. Just too big, even folded down.

Momof3Labs
11-22-2005, 10:52 PM
We tried MEOS, Sugarpeas two size and SOS. MEOS were huge and bulky on a baby, and the crotch was too wide for even my 3 year old to wear now. Sugarpeas size 1 dipes were awesome - we got a lot of use out of them, and will use them again for #2. I want to say that they fit from about 14lbs (when we started cd'ing) to 23-24lbs for my long, skinny guy. He had plenty of room in the waist and legs when he outgrew them, but needed more rise.

I didn't try SOS until DS was bigger (over 2yo) but loved them for his size. They seem to have potential for a baby, though not necessarily for a newborn.

Another is Cuddlebuns. They have bikini cut and regular cut. The bikini cut worked nicely for us when DS was around 17-18lbs, and still fit him really well north of 32lbs. The regular cut was always a bit wide in the crotch, but worked pretty well when he was bigger, though not as much when he was 18-20lbs.

ETA: I forgot to say that I never liked SP size 2's on DS. Too wide, too bulky. So we sold those off. And we tried Growing Greens One Size at around 23-25lbs and I felt that DS was pretty much at the limit for those, even though they say that they go to 33lbs.

mudder17
11-23-2005, 12:09 AM
Kindhearted Women are two-size diapers and they work really well for Kaya. Wonderoos did not work for Kaya as a newborn--they were just so bulky they sort of drooped, if that makes any sense. Mutts worked, but they weren't absorbent enough for Kaya (although I suppose they might be now). Sugarpeas SS worked, but the size 1 FS did tend to sag, but that could be because I tried the seconds? MEOS also worked for Kaya when she was bigger (but not so well when she was smaller or in the in between stage), but of course, I had to add several doublers to make them absorbent enough.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

daisymommy
11-23-2005, 02:55 PM
SugarPeas-
Loved both the front snapping size #1 and #2! We were still using the size #2 with 2 more snap settings to go when we stopped using them to potty train. All of my SugarPeas still have a ton of life left in them. I did NOT however like the one's with print on the outside because the outer print got all faded and ugly. The hemp can get stiff and scratchy after awhile if you aren't using Downy Advanced with them. But the organic cotton just get's softer and softer with time. The O.C. ones do need an extra doubler though since they aren't as absorbent as hemp. Josh never did fit well in the 3 size side snapping one's by the way.

MEOS-
I really liked these when Josh was wearing a size Med-large diaper. But they look like they'd be way to big on a small baby, and when he was even 30 lbs. but not close to potty-training, they were way to small. So, they really are more like a size medium...not one size fits all.

Growing Greens One-Size Diaper-
Exact same scenario as the Mother-ease dipes mentioned above. These actually run even smaller. I think when I ordered them at 20-25 lbs. they barely fit.

Wonderoos-
Same problem! Too bulky for a baby, too small for a toddler.

lizajane
11-23-2005, 03:35 PM
SP 1's rock. SP 2's stink. i can't figure out why. dylan is 20lbs and 27 inches tall at 10 months and he still fits great into the SP 1's. he is skinny and i still use the tighest snaps! (not the overlap, but the tighest. i DO like the prints because they stay a little thicker. the furry side out hemp fleece are thinner now that they have been used and used and used and they have shed (i bought them used, BUT they do still work great!! just not quite as well as the prints.) the prints were a little stiff on dylan when i had to use the fold over snaps. he can also still wear his medium SS SPs, but they do NOT keep on messy poop AT ALL. (i did get seconds so the crotch is more narrow.)

i find that FBs mediums last SO LONG, they are almost like a one size to me!! even SCHUYLER is too small for the larges and i have to cross over the snaps! (he is day PT, but dipes at nap and bedtime.) he is 35lbs and 40 inches.) we started medium FBs at around 12lbs? and they lasted schuyler until he was about 13-14 months old (then the leg snaps popped open.)

the MEOS have always been great for us. i don't remember when i started using them on dylan, but i know it was when schuyler was in dipes, so it was under 4 months old. i put 4 MEOS in my diaper bag (and one small cover and one large cover)and i was all set for both kids. it was AWESOME. i would guess i started using them on dylan around 12-15lbs??

psophia17
11-23-2005, 04:07 PM
I've only used the MEOS on DS, and only just got them a few months ago. He's 3ft tall and 35lbs, and while they're a trifle snug the first ten minutes he wears them, they're great otherwise. I intend to get the rest of my gf's collection of them when we have another baby. DS is a house, and was always stocky (as are DH and myself), so I figure that any baby we ever have will be stocky, so the MEOS will fit fine. I can see how they'd be too bulky on a stringbean.

I have 3 SP hemp side-snapping CDs in lg, two are print and one is natural, and the print ones have held up better. The natural needs to be snapped tighter and the material is saggier...although the fit is just as good as the print ones.

marcywench
11-23-2005, 10:58 PM
I put MEOS and SOS on my daughter at four weeks...about 9.5 lbs. They both work great for her.

I am using the Kissaluv 0s while I can, though. Soooo tiny and cute. That and IPFs for the morning peefest.

Tori_s mom
11-24-2005, 07:02 AM
Well I can only speak for the fit of Wonderoos OS on my 26ish pound toddler. It leaves red marks around her legs. I don't think she's got chunky thighs because she's very lean. Won't be buying anymore of those. I'm keeping it to try on Miss Peanut, though.

laurel
11-26-2005, 12:06 AM
We've used the Motherease OS since DD was about 6 - 8 weeks old. She was a little peanut at birth, only 6 lbs, so they really didn't start to fit her until she was closer to 10 pounds. Even they, I do agree they are bulky on a small newborn. That being said, I ADORE these diapers. They're all she's worn since then and she'll be 20 months old tomorrow. She wears just the diaper throughout the day and one snap in doubler added overnight, and that's enough absorbency for her. They didn't work for a friend of mine whose daughter is a very heavy wetter, however. I just really like that they're so soft, and so adjustable for our needs.