PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a size 2 disposable that WORKS!

daisysue62
12-02-2005, 02:56 PM
My 4 month dd is 13 and a half pounds which puts her a half a pound away from maxing out the size 1's and a pound and a half over the minimum weight for size 2's. Problem is NOTHING works. We haven't had a leaking problem until the past few weeks and she leaks poo on a daily basis. I've tried Pampers (worked great as size 1, not so good for size 2), Huggies (worked really bad for both size 1 and 2), Target brand (worked GREAT for size 1 but not as good for 2), and the BabiesRus brand (worked ok for size 1). Any advice? She's leaking out the back and the sides, and the size 2's all seem big on her. Should I keep with the size 1 Pampers even though she's just about maxed out the weight and they seem small on her? They still kind of work. Help!

lilycat88
12-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Which Pampers are you using? Baby Dry or Swaddlers? We found Baby Dry to be a disaster for us but Swaddlers worked. And we never got anywhere near the upper weight limit on any diaper size. If you aren't using Swaddlers, I'd recommend going to those in a size 2 even though it looks big. They stretch enough that we could get a good fit even when they seemed really big.

Jamelin
DD Susanna 6/29/04

JacksMommy
12-02-2005, 05:07 PM
If the 1s work better, then stick with those. The weight limits are just suggestions - kids are built differently and different things fit in different ways.

I liked Pampers swaddlers much better than the baby dry as well.

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

sarahbrown29
12-02-2005, 07:48 PM
We had great luck with Luvs. No leaking and we're up to a size 3.

I agree with PP ... don't pay too much attention to the weight limits. Try the next size up!

Good luck!

emilys_mom
12-02-2005, 10:24 PM
We did great with Swaddlers and okay with Cruisers, but Baby Dry didn't work as well. I think when DD was about 13 lbs., we actually (crazy as it sounds) went to size 3. It stopped the leaks (we had some really big problems with poo), but they did look kind of big on her. I never could get Huggies to work for her, so we stuck with Pampers, and are now using the Wal Mart White Cloud (now that she's having a little more solid diapers).

daisysue62
12-06-2005, 02:13 AM
We've only used Pampers Swaddlers, and have had good results with them other then I don't like the smell. DD is finally fitting the Target diapers so I guess I'll finish up the Huggies Supremes I have left and get more of the Target diapers. I really like the Target Supreme diapers but it seems like they're always out of the size I need so last time I had to get the regular ones and didn't like them as well.