PDA

View Full Version : Help! Grease stain on my favorite shirt!

The Review Mommy
12-02-2005, 03:28 PM
I was eating pizza last night and got grease spots all down the front of my favorite J. Jill shirt! :(

I immediately toke it off and applied Folex to the area as I have routinely done with success from other such spills. Usually I notice the stain immediately is removed but this time I didn't even budge! :) I put it in the wash a couple of times with an extra rinse cycle and also let it soak. I did NOT machine dry. It looks much better and you probably wouldn't even notice it unless I pointed it out to you but its still there so I went ahead and ordered another shirt while it's still on sale.

I was hoping some of you CD Mamas had an idea about how to remove this stain completely....

Here is a link to my shirt on sale if anyone is interested. It's my favorite because it’s extremely soft and I find myself not wanting to take it off at night and usually end up sleeping with it and washing it alone routinely just so I can wear it again! :)

http://www.jjill.com/shopJJillDetail.asp?AreaID=OF&ColorToUse=DEO&SizeID=1&txtProductID=620666&offerid=UP&seldept=14&EAquest=upo86a&srch=direct

TIA!
-Rebekah

squimp
12-04-2005, 12:23 AM
I have had very good luck using Zout on grease spots, even after I dry an item. It has never harmed any fabric, either.

The Review Mommy
12-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks so much! :) I will give it a try.

Happy Holidays!
Rebekah

brigmaman
12-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Have you tried Lestoil? It has never failed us. I don't know what Folex is- so not sure if it's similar or a stain remover.

calebsmama03
12-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Lestoil??
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

The Review Mommy
12-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks! I'll have to give Lestoil a try too. I wonder which one will work better.... I'll have to put them to the test! :)

Folex is actually a "carpet spot remover." It was recommended to us by Jeromes when we bought our sofa. They had been using it in their store with great success. Personally, I'm very pleased with it as well. We just had a carpet nightmare the other night when my hubby came home and tracked mud into our living room. It was awful! After a bit of elbow grease it's completely gone. It's like nothing ever happened! :)

You can get it just about anywhere. Grocery stores and even at Target or Walmart.

Thank You!
Rebekah