PDA

View Full Version : Pampers Cruisers rant (velcro closure)

Maromy
12-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the velcro closures not sticking?? My 16 mo DD kept pulling her diapers off and I realized that the tabs weren't sticking at all!

I called 1-800-PAMPERS and the customer service rep said they had some problems, but they had been corrected and offered to send me coupons to replace the defective diapers. She sent me coupons for Easy Ups training pants (DD is nowhere near potty training).

I called Pampers again and the CSR said they had no record of my complaint, took all of the same info, and gave me the third degree. He said he would have to send the replacement coupons via certified mail (I will have to sign for them)and I would have to send some of the defective diapers back to Pampers. 2 weeks later I called again to see when I would get my "certified mail coupons" and the new CSR was just as rude as the guy who gave me the third degree.

I am so angry with Pampers right now. Does anyone have a good mailing address for Pampers Customer Service? I had no luck using the email system. Has anyone else experienced the problem with the closures??

Thank for reading!

Amy

pittsburghgirl
12-03-2005, 03:40 PM
As far as I can tell, the new Cruisers are a disaster all around, I find the velcro isn't as good as before although since DS doesn't generally have any access to his diapers (always under clothes) we haven't had that specific issue.

We pretty much have totally switched over to store brand. Although they aren't as stretchy on the sides, we have had good luck with the Target, White Cloud (Walmart) and CVS store brand dipes, and they are so much cheaper I won't buy Pampers any more.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

lilycat88
12-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Yep...closure problems here as well. Yucky antibiotic diarrhea poop and a diaper that fell off inside her PJs. I was SOOOO unhappy. Unfortunately, I'm stocked up on size 4 Cruisers that I have to work my way through.

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

nfowife
12-03-2005, 04:31 PM
I had just switched to cruisers from swaddlers after the new ones came out so I wasn't sure how they should be, but I had problems too. My DD is long and lean and to fit her well, I needed to overlap the tabs but the top one just wouldn't stick. So I had to more than overlap them, which was very tight. I've switched to huggies supreme and have been pleasantly surprised by how much happier I am with them.

hez
12-03-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm disappointed that you feel so angry about the interaction you had with consumer relations.

Consumer Relations snail mail address:

The Procter & Gamble Company
PO Box 599
Cincinnati OH 45202

I might tag it with 'Pampers' on the outside, as this PO Box gets the consumer relations mail for everything P&G.

If it makes you feel better about the samples for which you were asked, I just told my coworker about a defect we had at home last week (we use Cruisers size 6 right now). He had me bring in a sample as well as the lot number off the side of the bag. In a lot of cases it helps them to have a sample of the defect so they can see first hand what you're having trouble with and make improvements.

Good luck-- I hope your snail mail (outlining what you outlined here) brings positive results all around.

ETC zip code

Maromy
12-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the feedback and for the address! I wonder if Pampers will considering going back to the original Cruisers design since it seems that so many people are unhappy with the current design?

Heather, I take it you work for P&G? I wasn't really upset about sending back the diapers, I was upset that my coupons will be sent by certified mail. I am usually not at home when my mail comes and I will have to make a 20 minute drive and stand in line at the Post Office to get them. Also, the customer service was some of the worst I have ever experienced. I will definitely write a letter!

Thanks!

Amy

hez
12-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Yup, you took it right :)

I agree-- certified mail stinks. We've gotten it once (for something else) and it truly a pain to have to go get it. I understand your frustration!

Definitely write the letter and express your frustration. I'm a big proponent of speaking up.