PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite AIO?

DeeEast
12-07-2005, 09:54 PM
I'd like to try an AIO and since one wasn't included in the introductory CD package I just ordered, I am looking for recommendations. I'd like to try one for my 10 week old twins (I'm estimating around 10 lbs. now) and one for my 28 month old DD who is 27 lbs. and around 36 inches. I know its a trial and error thing but what worked for you, what didn't, and why?

JBaxter
12-07-2005, 10:09 PM
www.thecalicobaby.com I really like hers ( velour lined is my fav)

mudder17
12-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Hmm...I'm not an expert on AIOs, but it definitely depends on whether your DCs are heavy wetters or not. AIOs don't really work all that well with heavy wetters--pockets are a better option. However, they do seem to work with moderate to light wetters.

The one AIO that did sort of work for Kaya, but only if I added a few hemp doublers, was the Angelwrap AIOs. Very cute prints and the sizing is very generous. I also liked the front aplix--nice and strong. I would guess that your twins would need a small and your toddler would need either a medium or large depending on whether she's chunky, thin, etc.

If you go to Diaperpin.com, you'll see that these are the most highly rated AIOs:

Bum-Ware Easy All-In-One
Little Bottoms AIO
Very Baby Very Basic All-In-One Diaper
Daisy Doodles Bikini Bottomsâ„¢ AIO
Rumpsterâ„¢ AIO

I would actually go there and read reviews and see what might work better for your kids.

I know a lot of people here are big fans of VB and Daisy Doodles, but I've heard a few people mention Bum-Ware and Rumpsters.

HTH a little!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

trumansmom
12-08-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm a HUGE, HUGE fan of them. It's all we use. However, DD is not a heavy wetter, so that could make a difference.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

nitaghei
12-08-2005, 05:01 PM
I only have the Wool AIO, but I LOVE, LOVE my AngelDry WIO. She does them in PUL and fleece, too. The soaker is a trifold hemp, and is very absorbent. The Angelwraps are pretty nice, too, but the AngelDry is fantastic!! And I really don't get paid or anything to say this. I just love every thing I got from AngelDry, and Stephanie was wonderful to work with, and fast. The Angelwrap is trimmer, I think - but it could also be the difference between cotton and wool.

I had a couple of Little Lambs AIOs. Some people didn't like them, but they worked really, really well for DS, and I was very sad when he outgrew them.

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

shburks
12-08-2005, 07:14 PM
I love my Very Babys. They're definitely what I reach for first! The BumWare are great--I just have personal issues with their Velcro. I just ordered a Rumpsters to try out!

Susan

pittsburghgirl
12-08-2005, 08:52 PM
I have had great luck with my DS (30 lbs, 35 in tall) with the Bum-ware AIOs and the Very Baby AIO (I have quick-dry in both). Both fit him nicely. The Bum-ware foldback tabs don't always stay shut in the wash, which I think is one of the PP's issues (or was someone's..) but they are nice and trim. The VB might be my favorite at the moment, I have the sherpa lined one and it is too cute (neon lime). The Bum-ware do lay nicely across the top of the bum, though - no gathers/elastic across the top. The VB has elastic across the top of the back.

Daisy Doodles didn't work for us at all, DS tends to flood now and then and there just isn't enough absorbent material through the front/crotch of the DDs to work for us (they are super super trim though, so for a light wetter I would think they would be fabulous.)

We also have Calico Babys which I really liked for a while, they aren't fitting that well anymore, now since DS is at the top of the range (they were great before 25 lbs though.)

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

bcky2
12-08-2005, 09:22 PM
i like my angel wraps but i have like one or two that wick and they dont hold alot of pee.

i love, love, love my lhc's and have pretty good luck with them.

i just got a calico baby that i know i am going to love the most.

i have a sunflower derriere(sp) that i am not loving. i have used it twice and the elastic gave out on one side. it doesnt fit ds real well. i should just give it to someone who knows how to fix elastic and they can use it.

i have an aio from the enchanted nursery that i love. it has never wicked or leaked.

eta: i just got a vb aio that i still need to try out also

shburks
12-09-2005, 04:10 AM
Marilee--You're right! That was me who had the issue with the velcro tabs. Maybe it was you who suggested turning the diaper inside out and fixing the tabs on the front rather than the fold-back tabs? That works better. I do love the fit and we've never had leaking issues with BumWare. Like you, Daisy Doodles didn't work for ds as he would flood his, too! (I think he's a fast wetter!)

Susan

parker10302
12-10-2005, 03:51 AM
I've been on the search for the perfect AIO... here's what I've tried:

Bumware
Very Baby
Calico Baby
Daisy Doodles
Angelwraps

I've been happiest with our Daisy Doodles & Angelwraps. My biggest complaint with the other diapers, are the red marks left on DD's little thighs. I have found that a couple of our angelwraps wick a bit, so I've started to build up a bigger Daisy Doodle stash and so far love them!

Nicole

mommy to
Grace 10/02
Emelia 4/05

DeeEast
12-10-2005, 11:40 AM
The Laura's Hope Chest ones look beautiful! I may order one of those to try and hope it works for us.