PDA

View Full Version : first cruisers, now huggies supremes?

nfowife
12-09-2005, 03:44 PM
I just switched to huggies supremes from pampers after DD went up to size 3 (cruisers) about 6 weeks ago and I wan't impressed. I was very pleased with the huggies- I liked how stretchy they were (with the "giggleastic" around the waistband). Well, I picked up a new pack today at walmart and they've changed for a "better fit"! Now the giggleastic is only around the back side, not the entire dipe. It's okay, but definitely not as good of a fit for my skinny minny. {{sigh}}, why can't these companies leave well enough alone?

SpaceGal
12-09-2005, 04:02 PM
I noticed the same thing with the Huggies Baby-shaped diapers right after I read your post. My DS just moved to size 3 as well and I've testing out all the brands Cruisers, Baby-Drys, Luvs, and Huggies. And I had an old bag os Huggies Baby-Shaped and was pretty happy with them...but then after eading your post I said oh crap maybe that box I just bought is not the same...and low and behold...it's just as you said. I kind of had this weird feeling once I read your post and saw how you mentioned your skinny minny DD cuz my DS is skinny too. Grr these diaper companies. Right now I'm liking Luvs tho...they seem to work okay and aren't as expensive.

pittsburghgirl
12-09-2005, 08:36 PM
"better fit" means less elastic? Right....

I am glad I gave up on the premium types of diapers and have just gone to Target/CVS/White Cloud brands. So much cheaper, and they don't smell at all. It seems that instead of raising prices the diaper companies are just making the products cheaper. Granted, the less expensive diapers are not all stretchy like the Cruisers were but I can live with that to save the kind of $ I have been saving (after getting a whole bunch of pkgs of CVS BOGO.)

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

nfowife
12-09-2005, 11:20 PM
I tried the target supreme dipes a few weeks ago and was very unimpressed with them. My DD needs to have some stretch on her diapers so they fit correctly! Still going to stick with the huggies since they are okay, I just liked them better with the elastic all the way around.

trumansmom
12-10-2005, 04:31 PM
I know your DD is a good year younger, but I also have a skinny DD and have had a bear of a time finding sposies that fit. Even though we primarily use cloth during the day, I've found that Pampers Easy ups (1t-2t) fit my 21 pounder pretty well. We've been using them for quite a while.

Unfortunately, now that she's a toddler, fit is no longer the most important issue. She MUST have princess pull-ups, so we now use Huggies!

HTH-
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!