PDA

View Full Version : explain Daisy Doodle AIO to me

american_mama
12-16-2005, 12:57 AM
How are these shells reusable? It sounds like the doubler snaps in and out and you can reuse the shell/cover. Is it only the snap in feature that makes it different in function from a cover and trifolded prefold? Does the shell/cover really stay dry and clean enough to reuse? How many changes can you use it for?

Why is the shell lined with fleece or suedecloth? I am so used to pockets where the insert goes under the fleece or suedecloth that it's hard to understand from her photos why these aren't pockets.

daisymommy
12-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Yes, the shells are reusable, and are waterproof. The doubler/soaker snaps in, and when it is wet can be replaced with a fresh dry one. It is best to air out the shell in between uses, so you would have 2 shells in rotation throughout the day.
I would only recomend a system like this with an older baby/toddler though, or else their runny poop gets all on the sides of the shell and it then needs to be washed. Thats my experience anyway.

FYI...If you like this type of system, Angelwraps has the same sort of system, only her shells are front-velcro closing. I did NOT like the fit with Joshua's chunky thighs, but I know most other moms with average size babies loved them.

trumansmom
12-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Basically, the shell is like a cover, and the insert snaps in and out. I usually use one shell per 2 or 3 inserts, but sometimes less if there is either a majorly wet one or poop involved. It does usually stay dry enough.

I'm not really sure why they are lined! So they match? :P

One thing, because they are so incredibly trim, there is a bit of an absorbancy issue. I almost always use a doubler if we're going out or if there is a possibility of a nap.

HTH a tiny bit!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

tarahsolazy
12-16-2005, 12:11 PM
While I know this is possible, I never do it. We're a one wearing, whole thing into the pail family. Just lazy, its easier to just put on a whole new dipe, IMO. I do like Daisy Doodles and Angelwraps, though.

KrisM
12-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks for asking this! I just got my 2, very cute, Calico Baby AIOs. They are my first AIOs (very baby on the way!) and the soaker snaps in and the note said I can reuse the shell. I wonder how well that worked and I wondered why they were fleece lined. They are nice and soft. I think they're fleece lined so that the side part around the baby is cozy soft.

almostamom
12-16-2005, 01:17 PM
We have used DDs from the beginning. We don't always reuse the shell - it depends on how full the diaper is at a changing :) We always use a doubler though. I like them for their trimness and because you can get them with a variety of closures - front aplix, front snap, and side snap. You also have the option of having the soaker snap in or lay in. I "accidentally" purchased a lay in soaker from another mama - big mistake for us - my little one is super wiggly during changes. HTH

Christa recently had some posts on her Yahoo group regarding pockets and said she would never make them - she believes that her AIOs are more cost effective because of the reusable shell. I find the Swaddlebees pockets to be very similar for trimness (and I actually use my DD doublers in those as well).

~Linda~
DS 11/9/04