PDA

View Full Version : I am going to order my first Daisy Doodle AIO Custom

kep
12-16-2005, 08:42 PM
There are way too many cute choices! I'm going to go with the Premium, but I can't decide on side-snap, front-snap, or H&L. Also, I'm assuming a snap-in soaker for my wiggle worm will work best, but what kind? (hemp, microfiber, or velour?) Choices, choices! ;) I also saw that she has trainers. Anyone tried these? And one last question, how many shells/inserts do I need? I'm looking to buy enough for 6 diaper changes. Thanks!

Kelli
Mommy to the love of my life, Luke
(April 2003)

The tie which links mother and child is of such pure and
immaculate strength as to be never violated. ~Washington Irving

almostamom
12-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Yes, there are lots of choices with DDs. As far as the closure goes, I guess it's personal choice - I haven't noticed a huge difference in the fit and we've had all three at one time or another. I started out liking the aplix and front snap, but now I love the side snap (go figure!) Personally, I would recommend that you also order doublers. I have both hemp and microfiber soakers and use the opposite doubler (if it's a hemp soaker, I use a microfiber doubler). That seems to be the best way to keep my little one dry. Definitely go for the snap in soaker with a wiggle worm! I would buy one dipe now and see if you really like them - these seem to be a love or hate diaper. I would say 4 diapers with extra soakers would get you through 6 changes (that allows for a messy one or two when just changing the soakers).

HTH,
~Linda~
DS 11/9/04

trumansmom
12-16-2005, 10:38 PM
I agree with everything Linda said, except I have noticed a slight difference in fit. I think if your DC has average thighs, any of them will do. But if your DC's thighs are chunky, the side-snapping may leave red marks. Not a huge issues, but noticeable.

If I were you, I would get three. One of each soaker, and one of each closure.

I haven't tried the trainers yet, but probably will soon. I'll post a review when I do.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

parker10302
12-17-2005, 02:53 AM
Fun, fun, fun! I really love our Daisy Doodles!
We have mostly side-snap and two front-snap. I really prefer the side-snap and my DD seems to have chunky thighs...lots of other diapers leave red marks, but these don't. I really like microfleece over the suedecloth because of softness (but I'm sure other mommies think the opposite!) We have been using fleece topped microfiber snap-ins and at nap-time add a hemp doubler. We ordered three soakers for each diaper, for us this is a good soaker to diaper ratio.

Have fun!
Nicole

mommy to
Grace 10/02
Emelia 4/05

momo5
12-17-2005, 09:23 AM
We love Daisy Doodles here too! I have side snap and the velcro. Velcro is great for those squirmy diaper changes. I don't notice a difference in fit between the front velcro and the side snap. We have mostly velour snap ins. For six diaper changes I'd order 3 AIO's and 3 extra snap in inserts and 6 doublers.