PDA

View Full Version : What's most absorbent: disposable overnights or CD's

aahjed
12-21-2005, 10:20 AM
DS is a very heavy nighttime wetter--he often soaks through a size 3 pampers baby-dry. I'm thinking about trying the Huggies Overnites, but we're thinking about making the switch to cloth diapers (we've been exclusively using disposables).

Can anyone compare disposable overnights to cd's. If we try out cd's, I would start with pockets. What are some good overnight inserts? Or is a different kind of cd better for overnight?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Angela

bcky2
12-21-2005, 01:37 PM
i use sposies overnight as ds is a heavy wetter. i can get away with a pocket like a fb with 3 hemp inserts. i have tried some other cloth night solutions but with the pocket and the other things i have tried ds has the biggest but and he hates it and doesnt sleep well. now others dont have that problem so it would depend on your ds. you could always cd during the day and use sposies at night :)

knaidel
12-21-2005, 02:04 PM
I agree with Becky. If you're son is soaking through a Pampers Baby Dry, I don't know how much luck you'll have with cloth at night.I hate to discourage people from using cloth, but the night time situation for us was a disaster! I originally began using cloth full time. However, I just couldn't find anything that would work on a regular basis from my son at night. We tried Fuzzi Bunz stuffed with hemp pockets, Very Baby Simply Nights, Fireflys, the list goes on.... I spent a ton of money trying to find a nighttime system for us, to no avail. So now we use cloth during the day, and at night we use Huggies Overnites with a disposable doubler and a Bumkins cover.

shburks
12-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Yep, me, too. I use cloth all day long, but DS always does disposables at night! He is often soaked through to his jammies even in the disposable! :) I haven't tried the Overnites, but we did size up to size 4s (Baby Dry) and that works much better for us.

Susan

daisymommy
12-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Another nighttime disposable user here. We used cloth diapers all during the daytime (before DS potty trained)--but I spent over $100 trying out nighttime cloth diapers and could never find anything that could hold him overnight :( I eventually gave up and went bacak to disposables--Pampers Cruisers to be exact, which are more absorbent than Baby Dry.

ktshea
12-23-2005, 03:27 PM
OK, SOMEBODY has to chime in with a CD nighttime solution! I sometimes use sposies at night too, but I have one nighttime AIO from www.littlebeandiapers.com and it works great for us. My DD is a pretty heavy wetter at night and she has never soaked through that dipe. It's got about a million layers of sherpa inside. Ours is made of WindPro on the outside with microfleece against the baby's bum. I bought a doubler for it too, so that adds even more layers. Plus it's really cute on her -- very soft and fluffy-looking.
HTH!

aahjed
12-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I went ahead and got some Huggies Overnights in size 4 because out Target didn't carry size 3. The first night, it still overflowed! But last night, he was OK.

Still open to any CD suggestions, if anyone has any!

Thanks,
Angela

Judegirl
12-23-2005, 07:14 PM
We used to do dispies at night because dd soaked through everything else. But now she soaks through disposables!! I haven't tried Huggies Overnights, because I'm determined to make cloth work.

So far, the closest I've come is a pocket with FOUR Joey Bunz, which holds her sometimes.

Will check out the AIO link above, though, thanks!

Jude