PDA

View Full Version : X-post.. MAma cloth suggestions please!!!

kochh2
12-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Well, after 16 mos... AF is finally back.. my lmp according to my annual MW visit was 10/03....hehe, over 2 years w/o it was great... but merry chirstmas to me, she's back!! so now that i'm a CD'ing mama, I can't stand to use 'sposies for me... I have a TON of tampons stockpiled it seems, so those will have to stay for now, then i can look into the diva or keeper, but i do want to switch to cloth pads... there are so many choices, I think i want to do the Pocket style, since i think if AIO's wear out, they are useless. I'd like snaps, and wings... can anyone help w/ their own reviews?? I am open minded, and would love to hear what people have to say about a particular brand/style, even if it is not the pocket style... who knows, i may change my mind after hearing from some experts!!
Thanks!

american_mama
12-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Just wondering what the pocket style is? Is it the shell with a snap-in soaker or is a pocket with an insert that slips inside?

Also, I have not bought mama cloth but am considering doing so. I did some researching here and on diaperpin.com, and saw good reviews here for Daisy Girl Designs, Mom and Me, and Shandelle's Funny Farm Creations, but I think all of those are not often in stock.

Harlyez has some in-stock and she can do wool or fleece (not sure about PUL). Angel Dry has stuff in stock too, and she'll modify stuff for you (shorten the pantiliners, add a fleece backing, etc.)

Finally, if you want to get a package with the Diva cup and some pads, cottonbabies.com has a package with the MOE pads, which don't get good reviews, but I was told in an email that I could request a substitution for the Happy Heiney cloth pads that they also sell. Those got better reviews.

-- Karen

kochh2
12-29-2005, 09:40 AM
thanks for the info!! i'll check into those!

nitaghei
12-29-2005, 05:08 PM
I can vouch for both Daisyirldesigns and FunnyFarmCreations. I've been using them for about a year, and they've been great. FWIW, I just emailed Tara at Daisygirldesigns, and she did both my orders as customs. I had them in about two weeks or so; the first took a few days longer because she special ordered fabric for me. It's harder with Funnyfarmcreations, because Shandelle is pregnant. The best way is to join her Yahoo group and wait for announcements.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

"Moderation is best in all things." Hesiod