PDA

View Full Version : I need some pocket diaper advice...

Melanie
12-28-2005, 02:25 AM
Dd wears small in Fuzzi Bunz, and I'd like to get more. However though she still fits in them, she's getting close enough to outgrowing them that I'd rather not invest in more. Any suggestions for other pocket brands (and their sizes) which you think would be slightly bigger than a FB small?

Thanks!

lizajane
12-28-2005, 08:56 AM
go ahead and get medium FBs. they will fit even before she outgrows the smalls. medium snap ez are smaller than medium FBs. and medium babyblankets have lasted a really long time for us. fwiw, dylan outgrew the medium snap ez really fast- the short rise. but he still wears med FBs and med babyblanket at 11 months. (he is skinny.) schuyler wore med FBs until he was 15 months old.

schuyler and dylan both fit into medium FBs at around 8 weeks old or 12-13lbs. ETA: i didn't try them on schuyler until they fit on the second to tightest snaps, so i put them on dylan earlier and they worked great.

SeekerMage
12-28-2005, 12:39 PM
I would say medium baby blankets and have her add crossover tabs to them. We bought larges when she was wearing medium FBs and they fit great with the crossover tab and now over a year later they still fit and are going strong. I really dont care for the snap-ez (poor customer service on my part and all of mine wick -even my solids- I also thing her sizing is off, her mediums are like a small and her larges are just huge and her pricing is high for the quality. But thats my experience everyones is different) The other suggestion I have is I know there are a few stores that sell FBs with crossovertabs added...might help in the mean time? I cant think of any other pockets off the top of my head, maybe do a search on diaperpin and see what all is out there. Might be a fun way to try new fluff! Good luck...I hate the inbetween sizing it really sucks!

american_mama
12-29-2005, 02:57 AM
I'm kind of in the same boat. My DD is about 17 pounds and a light wetter, so she still wears several size small diapers. IMO The Angel Dry small pocket runs large and might be a good fit right now for you. The pockets that are fitting my DD best are med/large Harleyz and medium Angel Luvz.

I'd stay away from medium Swaddlebees, which are a bit loose in the waist for my dd and kind of poofy to boot. Also stay away from medium Happy Heiney's, which seem like a big step up from the smalls. I have three or four of them, and they are are a little big.