PDA

View Full Version : Disposible question

bethie_73
12-30-2005, 12:12 PM
I know most on this board use cloth, but I need some easing into this changing a baby thing :) (I admit it I have never changed a diaper). Anyway, for a newborn, I was wondering if anyone had used Luvs. I haven't heard good things, but I thought I'd ask the 'experts'.

Thanks

bcky2
12-30-2005, 12:24 PM
for a newborn i always used pampers swaddlers and most people that i know used them (even us cloth mamas ;) ) luvs worked for my older ds when he got older but my younger ds leaks every time. i only use sposies for bed time so i need something that will stand up to alot of pee. target brand seems to do the best in our house :)

BeachBaby
12-30-2005, 01:02 PM
I had never changed a diaper either. Oh, I take that back. I changed a friend's daughter once, but she was 7 or 8 months old and it was just wet, so it doesn't really count. ;)

Anyway, like the pp, we exclusively used Pamper's Swaddlers in the Newborn size and I think size 1. We did have a package of size 2 Luvs that a co-worker gave us as a gift and we had no problems with them. My cousin has a 1 y.o. and all she uses are Luvs, though I'm not sure how long she's been using them.

HTH and best of luck to you!

ribbit1019
12-30-2005, 01:33 PM
We've been around the block with sposies and primarily use cloth. ;)

Luvs we didn't have much luck with, there were manufacturing issues with the jumbo pack we recieved as a gift and I tossed half of them. The other pack we bought for a long trip in the car. There weren't any manufacturing issues w/ those however they didn't hold her blowout poos very well. Nothing like cleaning out a pooed on car seat cover in the middle of a 10 hour road trip with a 6 week old. OOH how I wanted my Fuzzi Bunz that day! :)

We did pampers occasionally until recently when they changed their diapers, now we use Huggies when there is a sposie emergency. Which there is one tonight. We are supposed to drive to Columbus tonight to see my sister's new loft and I forgot to put the diapers in the wash last night. :( Blah, on being a cloth diapering WOHM.

Christy
Maddy born 6/09/04
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040609/3/4/0/-5/.png
Little Man due 3/02/06
http://bd.lilypie.com/cKLom4/.png
Co-Owner Ribbit Baby

mommyoftwo
12-30-2005, 02:23 PM
I am now switching over to cloth, but the only diapers that have worked for us were Huggies supremes. They definitely fit better and controlled the blowouts better than anything else. HTH!

Jessica

daisymommy
12-30-2005, 04:41 PM
Another vote for Pampers Swaddlers! They fit great, are cuddly soft like a blanket, dip down in the front for the umbilical cord, and are absorbent. If you register in the Pampers program on their website they'll send you a ton of coupons for free!

kboyle
01-02-2006, 10:03 PM
I used Pampers Swaddlers with DS1 till he was out of them (they go up to a sz 2) then I used Luvs all the way. This time around I got Swaddlers till he outgrew the NB size and went straight to Luvs. They aren't stretchy, but DS doesn't seem to mind. I haven't had any blowouts or leakages.

You've got my vote for Luvs. That's what I always get, DH always gets Pampers when he gets dipes because they are always on sale when he goes, how come when I go out to buy the dipes nothing is ever on sale?

JTsMom
01-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Diapers depend very much on the individual baby. Although most people swear by Swaddlers, they did not work well at all for us. Actually, no type of Pampers work for us! We tried Luvs next. I used them for a long time and had pretty good luck w/ them. Now we use Huggies Supreme, and I LOVE them. They seem so much more comfy than Luvs. Luvs have no give at all. When you spend a lot of time curled up like a lima bean, I'd assume that no stretchiness would be a bad thing.