PDA

View Full Version : tried it! now some more questions

MonicaH
06-26-2006, 06:29 AM
Thanks for your advice last week everyone.

So I got 2 SugarPeas size M and Cloth-EZ covers and tried them out yesterday. Seemed to work well enough (no poop though). So I guess I'm ready to get a few more diapers and keep experimenting. But I have more questions.

1. How often do you change the diapers? With just the snap-in soaker, they were damp at 1.5 hours and soaked at 2.5 hours. If you get more absorbent stuff to put in them, I guess you can go a little longer, like 3-3.5 hours? Is this what you use the microfiber towels for?

2. When your baby is in a diaper with a nice cover (fleece or wool, not the nylon Cloth-EZ) do you put clothes over top, or do you let them just run around in a shirt and diaper combo? I'm thinking that most of her clothes won't fit over the whole deal.

3. I'm thinking that this might get confusing for our babysitter if there are lots of components to match up so we might need to get some pockets. Someone had mentioned FuzziBuns being too tight on chunky thighs. Any pockets that work better for the chunky ones?

OK, thanks again for your help and I'll ask more soon!

Monica

mommyoftwo
06-26-2006, 11:10 AM
I'll try to answer your questions.

1) I use doublers with all my diapers because we have supersoakers. I would say I generally change every 3-4 hours depending on the situation. Microfiber towels are great but they work better stuffed pocket diapers because microfiber can really dry out the skin so it's better not to let it touch your DC. You can get hemp or OC doublers to put under the soaker to boost absorbancy. I have however in a pinch used a microfiber towel inside the cover on the outside of the diaper and that worked fairly well.

2)You might have to size up clothes a bit but you would be suprised what will fit under the clothes you have. It does depend on how bulky your diaper is and I find fleece covers are definitely more bulky than others. I do let my girls run around in a t-shirt and diaper when we are at home though. It's plenty warm enough for that and it's just easier to deal with diaper changes that way.

3)Fuzzibunz definitely do not work well on chunky thighs. There are a lot of different pockets and it does depend on whether you want PUL pockets or fleece. I personally love the pockets from www.thethreadedbranch.com. She doesn't have much in stock but if you email her, she is very accomodating. She also is great at working with you to figure out what will work best for you and changing things to come up with the best solution. I just ordered eight more pockets from her last week for my trip that I'm taking tomorrow. I got aplix because it's less confusing for DH, babysitters etc, but I think she does snaps as well. I also have three drybees pockets which work well but are a little harder to stuff because she uses elastic on both the top and bottom layer of the pocket along the opening in back. It's not really that big of a deal to me, but it does take more time to get the insert in correctly.