PDA

View Full Version : x-post -- URGENT HELP NEEDED WITH VOMIT SMELL!

downwarddog
07-06-2006, 07:50 PM
OK Mamas, I already posted this on the car seat forum, but I knew you guys would have some great ideas since we deal with diaper smell all the time!

Acadia threw up all over her carseat (Britax Wizard, Midnight Blue? cover) on the way home from vacation. When I got home, I immediately washed it w/natural det. & a quick spray with BacOut. Still smelled after washing it, so I washed it again with Sun deterg & even more Bac Out sprayed on. It seemed to do the trick, but once it sun dried, the smell was back again!

HELP! I'm about to SOAK the sucker in BacOut overnight if no one else has suggestions... I need my car seat back!

TIA!
~Lenore
Mama to Acadia, 9/04

Momof3Labs
07-06-2006, 08:02 PM
No, no, soak it in Nature's Miracle (found in pet stores). It make take a soak or two, but that gets out vomit smell. Also, try sponging some on the EPS foam if that got hit with vomit.

lizajane
07-06-2006, 10:08 PM
i second the suggestion to try a pet stain/odor remover. it works great on my carpet! lol!

mommyoftwo
07-06-2006, 11:29 PM
I third the suggestion. We have something different than natures miracle (I forget what it's called) but it works great. You should be able to find it at any pet store.

downwarddog
07-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanks so much! I completely forgot about Nat. Miracle... I'm a pro. dog trainer so you would have thought I would have thought of it! And of course, I was completely out of it so I had to wait to run out this a.m. And of course, I come home with a bottle of "Just for Cat's" which I didn't know they made -- I thought they only had generic, all purpose Nat. Miracle. Oh well, let's see if it works. It's drying as we speak & so far no smell, but I have to wait until it's really dry before I can judge. Keep your fingers crossed:-) Thanks again, all of you!

~Lenore