PDA

View Full Version : ARRRRGH! Nighttime leaks!

Rachels
07-07-2006, 06:23 AM
No matter what I'm trying, cloth, sposies, double-diapering, Ethan is waking up early in the morning still tired but with clothes and bedding soaked. Help, help! What have I not thought to try?

-Rachel
Mama to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

and Ethan James
10/19/05
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/bf.jpg

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya

JBaxter
07-07-2006, 06:48 AM
Nathan when through a super soaker phase and I used a Simply Nights fitted 1 extra microfiber towel and a dappi cover. It was really wet in the morning BUT contained. I have a few Larges if thats his size and you would like to try one.

We are OFFICIALLY as of last night OUT OF DIAPERS!!! ;)

Rachels
07-07-2006, 08:11 AM
I emailed you! And congrats on being diaper-free!

-Rachel
Mama to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

and Ethan James
10/19/05
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/bf.jpg

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya

kboyle
07-07-2006, 09:50 AM
congrats on being diaper-free! so...how did you master nights?

as for nighttime leaking, i have absolutely NO suggestions, CD didn't really work for us at nights ,max is a pretty light wetter, but he totally unloads at night, so in CD or sposies that are 1 size up we're still waking up with slightly damp clothes.

JBaxter
07-07-2006, 11:30 AM
He has only had a wet pull up/diaper 2 x in the past week. I figured if taking them away worked during the day it would work at night.

shburks
07-07-2006, 02:07 PM
You've probably tried them, but Huggies Overnights are the only diapers that keep *my* Ethan dry overnight. :)

Susan

lizajane
07-07-2006, 04:41 PM
fleece pants or shorts OVER the diaper AND cover. or a motherease airflow over the diaper and cover. have you tried a 'crat? i would double the layer of micro between him and the dipe and then i would add the fleece cover or shorts or pants over that. and NO cotton pj bottoms. they suck up the moisture and spread it all over!

maybe even a fleece sheet?

JTsMom
07-07-2006, 05:28 PM
I tried everything, but Jason leaked every single night at that age. The winning combo was Huggies Overnites in one size bigger than he'd normally wear (that was key) AND a disposable doubler (grocery store brand). We used those until very recently, and I think we only had one leak with them.

I have some leftover size 5's, and some doublers. If you want to try them, I would be happy to mail them to you. Sounds huge, but Jason wore them from about 14 pounds. Good luck!

mom to little e
07-08-2006, 07:26 PM
We have this same problem but my DS is too big for the Huggies Overnights in size 5! (The biggest I've found.)

I then moved on to XL Fuzzy Bunz with three liners (joey bunz and hemp) and we STILL have leaks! :( When he leaks he is always so tired for the whole day. I would love some suggestions for bigger boys (toddlers) who are yet potty trained.

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

mommyoftwo
07-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Amelia is a very heavy wetter at night. For a while she went through a stage where we used a huggies overnight with a hemp doubler and a cover over it. If I was really worried, I tucked a microfiber towel inside the cover before I put it on. Fortunately she isn't drinking so much at night anymore but I would try a sposie (the overnights are the most absorbant I've found) with a doubler and a cover.

mommyoftwo
07-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Could you use a regular size 6 diaper with a hemp doubler and a microfiber towel or two inside a wool cover? I would think that would work pretty well.

Momof3Labs
07-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Maryann, throw a wool cover (like an Aristocrat) over the FB combination and see if that works for you!

mommyoftwo
07-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Duh, that's a better idea. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Try that first and if that doesn't work, maybe try the sposies route.

Marisa6826
07-09-2006, 01:58 AM
We used to have all kinds of problems with Sophie - literally two or three leaks a night. Finally we figured out putting Poise or Depends pads in the dipe works perfectly. They work much better than overnight maxi pads in that they're specifically designed to contain urine.

Some of them stink a little more than others, but it's a price I'm willing to pay for dry jammies!

-m

lablover
07-11-2006, 10:26 AM
We've been having this problem with DS, since he is in size 6 diapers now. I continued to use the size 5 overnights for a couple of months, but he was leaking out 1-2X a week. I couldn't find any diaper doublers in my area, so I bought these, which I use with pampers cruisers now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FFFGSG/qid=1152631340/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-6548767-7610555?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=3760901

They are sort of bulky, but I've been using them for about a month and it's definitely better. He has had a couple of leaks, but we are perfecting the placement of the liner.