PDA

View Full Version : I did my cloth diaper talk!

american_mama
07-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Today I did the cloth diaper talk at a local baby boutique that I have posted about in the last week or two. It went OK with about 5 people there (4 of whom already used cloth). I wish there had been more newbies there, but I'll do the talk at least twice more in the fall to La Leche League and again at the store and perhaps those talks will be different. Plus, I am thinking of taking my show on the road to anyone who will have me, specifically a new parent group and a childbirth class.

At the least, I hope those groups and others will make my brochure available. I had hoped to attach it as either a .pdf or .doc file, but it's not working. Nothing shows up when I attach the .pdf file and there is no formatting or spacing when I upload it as a .doc file. Hmm, any suggestions for how to attach it?

I think the group I talked to was a little... taken aback by all my samples of fluff. Not sure if they thought it was interesting or extravagant.

I know Liza and Holli have done their own talks. What has the reaction been? Did anyone decide to try cloth?

holliam
07-15-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm sure it went better than you thought! Are you going to be a RDA leader? I considered it but decided our CDing time was too limited.

Mine was with a self-selected group of folks. They were already part of our local cloth diapering group so they had already decided to switch either with an upcoming newborn or an older infant. I had another mama help me who covered low-cost and newborn diapering and I covered types of diapers with samples, washing, etc.

Holli

lizajane
07-15-2006, 10:48 PM
i did the whole dog and pony show for my friend beth. it was a little daunting to her at first. but i went over to her house after her dd was born, (at about 2-3 weeks old) and took the infant prefolds, the proraps in NB and small, and the snappis. she had already borrowed a prefold and prorap to practice with on a doll (with a snappi) so i showed her the folds a few more times. now she LOVES the dipes. she even bought cloth wipes and prefolds from me. (when she sized up, i mean, from the infants.) and she got a 6 pack of bumgenius. and she has one of my med. BB dipes with one of my inserts.

she said she LOVES LOVES LOVES the dipes!! and she said she never would have gone through with it if i hadn't come over with the bag full of diapers.

now i have to take the same bag to my friend kaye when her babe is born. (she is in ch'ville, by the way!)

american_mama
07-15-2006, 11:35 PM
RDA leader? What's that?

I'm kind of on a bandwagon here just because I think more people would cloth diaper if they knew more about it. It seems a shame for people to struggle or give up or never consider it solely out of a lack of information, info. which I could provide.