PDA

View Full Version : Help with nighttime disposables, please?

sarahsthreads
07-16-2006, 08:27 PM
I need help finding a new nighttime diaper. We were a Pampers family until they put that mesh liner in their Cruisers which gave DD the worst (and pretty much only) diaper rash she's ever had. So we switched to Huggies (Supreme) which run a bit smaller. We use Pampers Easy-Ups (size 4) for daytime because I was tired of having several wrestling matches a day and was considering going back to work and dropping DD in a daycare just to avoid them. (Only mostly kidding on that one.)

Here's my problem:
Huggies supreme size 4: too small.
Pampers cruisers size 4: perfect! (I had a case I'd bought ahead that didn't have the lining, but those are all gone.)
Huggies supreme size 5: too big (and leaky - not a good thing to discover while on vacation).

Out of desperation (didn't want to spend our entire Disney vacation doing laundry) we bought a package of size 4 huggies overnights while we were away. They work, but they're still a bit on the small side. We were debating between a package of the store brand diapers, a package of Luvs and the Huggies Overnights but were afraid the others wouldn't be as absorbent.

DD is a moderately heavy wetter overnight. Her wettest diaper is first thing in the morning. That being said, unless the diapers are too big or not absorbent enough (like the Easy-Ups) we don't really have a problem with leaks overnight. But now that our beloved "old" Cruisers have run out and the Huggies don't fit her right I'm at a loss for what diapers to buy next.

Help?
Sarah :)

Momof3Labs
07-16-2006, 08:38 PM
If the size 4 Huggies Overnights are too small, why not try the size 5 overnights? Have you tried Target dipes? Those, along with Luvs, worked well for us when DS was in the larger sizes. How about Pampers Baby Dry? Do they have the mesh lining?

sarahsthreads
07-16-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm afraid the size 5 overnights will be too big, just like the size 5 supremes. I didn't think too big was really a problem, but they gap (and therefore leak) around her legs. I guess I'll pick up a small pack each of Target and Luvs - size 4? 5? do they run big or small? - and see what happens. I've discovered that the local food cupboard really likes getting donated diapers so I suppose if they don't work for us they won't go to waste. Why don't diaper companies make a size 4.5? ;)

Thanks!
Sarah :)

Momof3Labs
07-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Funny, because I didn't find much of a difference between 4's and 5's (there was a long period when DS could wear either). Targets run a little small compared to Luvs. Why not try the size 5 overnights; if they are too big, save them for later this year?

sidmand
07-16-2006, 09:09 PM
What about using the Huggies Overnights size 5 with a diaper doubler? We partly used it for absorbency, but also to make it fit. The 4's were too small and/or not absorbent enough and the 5's gapped too much, but the 5's with a doubler (we ended up with a Depends insert b/c we couldn't find doublers at the time) worked perfectly until he was big enough to wear a size 5 straight up.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

niccig
07-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Can you put a diaper doubler or a maxi pad in a diaper - that will increase absorbency for a dipe that fits her but isn't absorbent enough or it might help fill out a dipe that's on the big side? You may only need to do it for a little bit, until she grows into the next size.

We use huggies overnights size 4 for DS, and if we use a disposable during the day, it's a target size 4, but I think we're getting ready to size up in those. I think they're a little smaller than a huggies or pampers size 4. DS is a heavy wetter and mostly at night. So far, the only thing that works has been huggies overnight, or a regular dipe with a diaper doubler (either disposable or cloth) and then a cloth cover - that combo has proven to be bullet proof!

I hope you find something that works soon. Changing clothes/sheets is never fun. My probelm now is that DS can undress himself....not fun!

Nicci

set81616
07-17-2006, 07:09 AM
If you have a CVS you can try their brand. they run a little smaller than pamprs but they work great. @ every 3-4 weeks they seem to do a BOGO 1/2 and the same manufacturer seems to be at other places (publix, Albertsons brands ?) I use them amd pampers exclusively.
Shannon