PDA

View Full Version : How to decorate covers?

MarisaSF
07-20-2006, 11:28 PM
This talk of beautiful diapers got me thinking crafty. I've got some boring covers and would love to snaz them up a bit. I'm sure this has been discussed before, so if anyone can point me to a thread, I'd great appreciate.

Besides dying, anything you can add to the seat of a wool cover or even a pocket dipe that wouldn't cause leaks? Iron-ons? Needlepoint? Patch? Beadazzler.... }(

o_mom
07-21-2006, 07:06 AM
For a wool cover, you could probably needlepoint with 100% wool thread. For pocket dipes I would be a bit more hesitant. You certainly don't want to do anything with a needle. Maybe fabric paints? I'm not sure how that would launder, though.

SeekerMage
07-21-2006, 02:31 PM
you can buy some wool felt and sew that on the wool covers with wool thread or if they are plain colors try kool-aid dying them for more fun. For the pockets you can sew on some fleece patches since the fleece is also waterproof. The needle holes will seal up in a hot dryer. Otherwise you can also get the waterproofing spray to spray to the outsides of the pockets once you embelish them. Fabric paint peels off, irons on might work but you have to be wary of the pul when you iron it on. Fabric markers kinda work but eventually fade. Hope that helps some!

MarisaSF
07-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Great ideas, thanks!
Gives me lots to think about. Yay!

mommyoftwo
07-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Make sure you don't use cotton thread on PUL though or you will get wicking. You need to use nylon or polyester.

lizajane
07-21-2006, 06:39 PM
i used some spray fabric pants on a prorap and it didn't wash off. (you can have it for shipping.) i used a stencil and sprayed so i had a moon and stars. but i heard someone else just sprayed it so it looked kinda tie dye, if that makes sense.