PDA

View Full Version : Size help

american_mama
07-21-2006, 10:17 PM
DD is 20 months old, maybe 23 pounds or less, and was (I thought) firmly in size mediums, but now I am wondering. She has no belly and average thighs (not big or rolly polly at all, but snapping diapers have always needed to be looser on her thighs than her waist).

I bought a bunch of diapers and didn't plan to buy anymore for a while, but then the bumGenius came. To my surprise, the largest size setting seemed kind of better on her. Then DD started saying "Hurt" when I put the medium Loveybums sherpa fitted on her. It seemed like the snaps were pressing right into her hip bone. Or maybe she was just playing with the word hurt? She does that sometimes.

Well, then I started questioning all her dipes. I felt like most of her diapers seemed too low in the front and hard to snap around her thighs, all mediums, all front or side snapping. Her GAD pockets, her Swaddlebees pockets, her Harleyz pockets, her Loveybums fitted, Mudpie Baby fitted, all size medium. Her medium Fuzzibunz is just a misfit all around and her medium Happy Heiney (aplix) is fine.

Now, I have a Lucy's Hope Chest AIO that is labeled a medium and it's too big on her.

I like a low rise diaper. I prefer her dipes to be a fair bit under her belly button, but these diapers are just getting a little hard to get on. Does this seem like a simple case of need to size up? What sizes are other small kids her age or older wearing? Does anyone get out of CD with their kid still in a medium?

Sorry to write so much. I just don't really want to size up.

lizajane
07-21-2006, 10:50 PM
can't type. sleeping dh. dylan is same size (18 months, 23-24 ish lbs, taller-50th height, 25th weight) and in meds a-ok. has buddha belly but dipes sit below, so skinny waist under belly.