PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Shower problems

katydid1971
07-21-2006, 10:17 PM
I installed the mini-shower which was pretty easy, but now I'm having problems using it. I use pockets, mostly Fuzzi Bunz, and I'm not having the best of luck with the mini shower. Should I take the insert out first? DS has sticky poop (like most kids I'm sure) How much poop should be left on after spraying? How much poop is being sprayed on to my floors and walls? How much presure should I set the mini shower too? Any tips on using my mini shower would be appreicated. Thanks for the help.
Sarah

lizajane
07-21-2006, 10:28 PM
dh sleeping so can't type much-

hold dipe all the way down in the bowl and hold sprayer right by it for max h2o impact on dipe.

american_mama
07-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Yes, take the insert out. I don't spray my inserts at all. The biggest help is to spray ALONG the diaper not at it. Hold the diaper at the back or side of the toilet as far into it as you can, even in the water a few inches. Somehohw this seems to reduce the splatter. Spray it all, then go back and do the remaining spots, spraying closer to the diaper and quickly zig zagging the spray back and forth on the spot. Basically you want to spray it from more than one angle. By doign all that, I get my diapers 99% clean 99% of the time.

I did have to turn the water pressure down a bit.

I bought a small pack of cheap baby washcloths and use them to clean up the splatter. I used to use toilet paper, but it's just not thick enough to do a good job. I also bought a spray bottle for the bathroom and keep water with a few drops of tea tree oil in it, which I spray on the splatter afterwards and wipe it all up together as a (I hope) disinfectant. At the very least it smells deodorized and the washcloth can then be washed along with the diaper. I wasn't sure if I could do that with a washcloth with bleach or a standard bathroom cleaner.

I had some gross poppy splatters before I made these adjustments, which hardly ever happens anymore. Still get a fair amount of regular splatter but it's tolerable.

niccig
07-24-2006, 12:51 PM
I only turn the mini shower half on. Full blast is just too strong. 1/2 pressure still works and less splatter.

Nicci

mainepotato
07-25-2006, 06:48 PM
You might be interested in making or buying a Potty Pail ( http://www.pottypail.com ). I HATED spraying our dipes until I got ours. It's a bucket that sits on the toilet. It has a hole in the bottom to drain the dirty water and hooks to hold two diapers up (which frees one hand for nose-pinching ;-) ). The best thing is that it contains the nasty backspray and then you can leave the dipes in the bucket to drip rather than carry sopping, dripping dipes to the diaper pail.