PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find Triple Paste tonight?

kelly ann
07-21-2006, 05:39 PM
DD has an extremely bad diaper rash...blisters and some bleeding. We have been alternating Aquaphor and Desitin, but it has not gotten better in the last 2 days. I have heard Triple Paste is one of the best remedies, but where do I find it? Will my Target down the street have it or maybe a CVS?

Thanks in advance,

DebbieJ
07-21-2006, 05:41 PM
My CVS carries it behind the pharmacy counter. I think I've seen it on the shelf at Walgreens.

Wal Mart, Sam's Club, and Costco all have it as well.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

cuca_
07-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Target carries it behind the drugstore counter, as well. Hope the rash gets better. Also, although triple paste is great, I would try calling her pediatrician. It sounds bad, and they can maybe call in a prescription for something stronger.

Carmen
DD May 2003
DD May 2005

BaileyBea
07-21-2006, 06:14 PM
We do a baking soda bath and Dr. Smiths Paste. It helped DS w/his bad rashes quickly.

I would do phone shopping before driving around. Call around to see who carries it.

Good luck. Hope the rash gets betters soon.

JBaxter
07-21-2006, 06:24 PM
My CVS has it in the baby isle.

jgriffin
07-21-2006, 07:09 PM
E has had an awful diaper rash for 3 days, although now it turns out that he has hand-foot-and-mouth disease, so it's from that.

When I called the advice hotline about his fever today, I mentioned the diaper rash. The nurse gave me this advice for his rash (this was before knowing it was HFM):

-Don't use wipes, just water
-If the skin is raw, soak in water 3x a day, with 2 tbl baking soda in the water
-Pat dry with towel, don't rub
-Use Lotrimin cream, then whichever diaper rash cream we are using (we like A&D zinc oxide).

She said the rash should clear up within a few days with this treatment. I second the PPs advice to call the pediatrician, it could be more than just a diaper rash, or they might be able to get you something stronger.

Lots more advice than you probably need!

Jen

kelly ann
07-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks for all the info. I tried calling the ped at 4:30, but they closed at 4pm. I will call in the morning though. It doesn't help that she has been pooping 3-4 times a day over the last 2 days.

Well, I am off to call Target and CVS. Thanks again.

jgriffin
07-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Just for the past 2 days??? My boy has been doing that for the past, um, 8 months. :) Fie on the books that told me he would decrease his pooping to once a day around 3 months!

Seriously, hope she feels better soon!

Jen

Corie
07-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Kelly Ann,

My Kroger carries Triple Paste.

Also, have you tried Boudreaux's Butt Paste?
It works awesome too! Target carries it.

http://www.buttpaste.com/

tarabenet
07-21-2006, 09:40 PM
My local grocery store keeps it behind the counter in the pharmacy.

Aubrey had good results with Butt Paste, too, which is in lots of baby sections, including Target.

And when my cousin's 3-week-old was solid open wounds in every millimeter covered by diaper, she resorted to OTC yeast infection cream and even a little vagisil. I have no idea where a doctor would stand on that, but it worked for her and SIL used it on Aubrey (but she wasn't as bad off as cousin's baby).