PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Need new source/brand of liners

o_mom
07-24-2006, 06:08 AM
I have now tried the Diaperaps liners. I ordered from Granola Babies - they had a good price and free shipping over $20 (I bought some FB too - unfortunately they were out of Periwinkle :-( ) Had my order in 2 days.

These come in a roll. It is almost like a paper towel roll without the cardboard tube. It is not as easy to get out as the Gerber ones, but better than the ImseVimse which are just a big stack folded in half in the package.

I would say they are very comparable to the ImseVimse liners, just wider. They are kind of papery/crinkley and not as soft as the Gerbers. After one wash they are still useable, but I think two washes (so three uses) would be the limit. They are wide enough for us - I can put one in a large FB and have a little overhang on the edges. They have flushed just fine (but so did the Gerber).

Overall, I think they work well and get the job done.

----------

Apparently our BRU is no longer carrying the Gerber disposable liners, so I need a new source.

I am not particularly wedded to Gerber, but we did like them because of the size (9 x 13 in). I tried the Imse Vimse ones (toddler size - 7.8 x 15.8 in) and liked them OK, but they were not as wide and tended to shift to one side sometimes and not catch the poo. Also the Gerber ones are not supposed to be flushed, but we do anyway (I figure it's no worse than a tampon :-) ).

Has anyone tried the Diaperaps Flushable Liners?

http://www.diaperaps.com/home/dp1/page_9_5/biodegradable_diaper_liners.html

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
07-24-2006, 07:08 AM
I'm keeping my ears open... I need something flushable, for sure.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

daisymommy
07-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Kushies makes some. Haven't tried them though :)

I think babyworks.com sells them, as well as Kellyscloset.com

mommyoftwo
07-24-2006, 04:39 PM
We have the Imse Vimse ones so I'm not much help. They don't always catch everything but they do a pretty good job and they are flushable. Let us know if you find something better.

katydid1971
07-24-2006, 04:41 PM
I have used the diaperaps liners and they work fine for me. They are very large and I cut them in half. They flush well and don't bother baby's buns. :) Hope that helps.

MarisaSF
07-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Are these the diaperraps? My friend uses the ones pictured here and is happy. I haven't tried them myself.
http://www.wildflowerdiapers.com/catalog.php?item=231&catid=33&ret=catalog.php%3Fpage%3D1%26category%3D33

o_mom
07-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Yes! Those are the ones - they don't list Diaperaps on alot of pages for some reason. I almost wonder if they are not allowed to name the brand.

Well, I think I'll give them a shot... I'll report back!

MarisaSF
07-31-2006, 02:28 PM
>I would say they are very comparable to the ImseVimse liners,
>just wider. They are kind of papery/crinkley and not as soft
>as the Gerbers. After one wash they are still useable, but I
>think two washes (so three uses) would be the limit.

Thanks for the review. I haven't used these liners, but may give them a try. By "wash," did you mean that you put them in the washing machine (and dryer?) or did you handwash?

o_mom
07-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Washing machine. If they are just wet, I throw them in the diaper pail and they go through the regular wash routine and dryer. If they are poopy, they get flushed. :-)