PDA

View Full Version : Huggies Overnites size 6?

sidmand
07-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Do these exist? I haven't seen any yet either online or in B&M stores. Only size 3, 4, and 5. We don't quite need them yet, but it's getting close.

I haven't found anyone else who makes an overnight diaper and DS seems to save up all his pee for the nighttime! :)

As a last resort I'm guessing we could always go back to a Depends insert (could never find diaper doublers) and use a regular size 6 diaper.

What's supposed to happen then? They're supposed to be potty trained by the time they need a size 6? That can't be since they have regular size 6 dipaers. Hmmm. DS isn't huge, but he is big for his age (not THAT big though). Technically he should fit in the diaper longer but the size 5s are already getting a bit small. FWIW, DS is (six weeks ago anyway) 33" tall and about 24 lbs.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

Momof3Labs
07-28-2006, 06:56 PM
no, i never found size 6. but my ds1 squeezed into size 5's until he was almost 40lbs and 43" tall, so you may have a lot of time left.

otherwise, you can go to goodnights, which are much more expensive!!

Joolsplus2
07-29-2006, 06:45 AM
I think they must think you'll be using pullups by that size (or have you tried a different store? checked online to see if size sixes exist at huggies.com?)
my 45 pound almost 7 yo still seems to save most of her pee for night...it was a sad day when regular 4t-5t pullups stopped fitting and we had to go to Overnights (then I realized cloth dipes are cheaper and easy to wash for her...after that many years you finally just give in and go cloth... siiiiiiigh).

Good luck, sounds like the depends inserts might work (BRU has doublers, I just found some last week).
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

o_mom
07-29-2006, 07:26 AM
At his age and size, I'm surprized you need size 6? Your DS doesn't sound that big. DS1 is almost 3, 32 lbs and still fits in a size five. DS2 is 15 mos, 23 lbs and 32 in and is still in fours with room to spare.

Looks like Small/Med Goodnights are the next step in the Huggies line - they don't make size 6.

mommab
07-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Almost 3 y.o. dd (around 37 lbs) is in size 6 Huggies and we usually try to change her at some point in the middle of the night. We do all of our diaper shopping at Costco (Huggies & Kirkland), so I was unaware of any type of "nighttime" diaper. Do they really hold that much more pee? I wonder if it's worth them for the extra cost...still thinking of cloth for her at night while she's potty learning/training.

sidmand
07-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Yeah, I don't really understand why he seems to need the bigger diaper either. I know he's nowhere near the right size, but maybe he has a big bottom?:)

He's really not a huge guy, but we've had to size up very often all along. He was starting to pee through sizes when it didn't seem like they should have been too small yet.

And yes! I do think the overnites hold much more. His diaper in the morning is the heaviest thing I've ever felt and *usually* hasn't leaked. I have toyed with CDing, but I'm just never going to keep on top of the laundry well enough for that to work. I should have known myself better! Still have to sell my never used CDs.

Thanks for the input. I'm going to have to hope that the size 5s fit longer than I think they will and see what happens otherwise.

I was just confused since I found regular size 6 diapers, but not overnites. Don't most kids PT in the daytime before they're PT'ed at night?

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

Joolsplus2
07-30-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm noticing a big ad campaign now to 'keep consistent!' which translates to 'put your kid in a more expensive pull up for both day AND night', so maybe that's where the push is going.. getting everyone into mega expensive overnight pullups as soon as possible?
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

o_mom
07-30-2006, 04:40 PM
>Yeah, I don't really understand why he seems to need the
>bigger diaper either. I know he's nowhere near the right size,
>but maybe he has a big bottom?:)
>

This just made me remember a friend's daughter. She had a huge bottom - I mean this girl had a shelf back there at about 7-8 mos. She was in large fuzzi bunz at 7 mos.. Once she started walking, though, she slimmed down and had to move down a size to mediums. So, I guess maybe there is hope that his proportions will even out a bit.

daniele_ut
07-30-2006, 05:22 PM
FWIW, DS is (six weeks ago anyway) 33"
>tall and about 24 lbs.

Wow, this just reminds me how different kids and diapers can be! Logan is 24lbs and 34" tall and he still wears a size THREE in White Cloud with room to grow. I tried Size 4 last week and they were HUGE on him!

Huggies Overnights are only available in size 3, 4 and 5 for some reason. I don't get the reasoning behind that either!