PDA

View Full Version : need a silly favor

skohng
07-28-2006, 11:47 PM
hi everyone,

i posted a while ago about generic disposables. we switched from pampers to white cloud and have been more or less happy. however, over time I've noticed that the sides tend to rip and that the fit is a little loose in the thighs. Also, the padding is not as cushy as I would like (although I'm sure ds prefers the "ultra-thin" fit to the "I'm wearing a mattress" fit :)

anyhow. I really wish stores would leave out a sample of each kind of diaper so you can compare on the spot. I can't afford to "try out" a brand. I know that sounds so cheap, but money is tight these days and I'd like to know at least what the diapers look like before I buy so I get an idea of their "feautures."

So if any of you mamas or papas have any extra time on your hands, could you please take pics of your dipes for me? Is that wierd? I'm interested in:
1. target (both "regular" and "supreme")
2. especially for baby (BRU brand)
3. walgreen brand
4. CVS brand
5. Luvs
6. Kirkland

I would really, really appreciate this !Thanks so much!
Selena

shburks
07-30-2006, 12:11 PM
Our TRU has samples of their diapers out so you can feel and try. Have you gone and looked there?

skohng
07-30-2006, 02:21 PM
yep i've checked TRU and BRU! neither have samples of their dipes out.

MommyAllison
07-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Did you check in the bathrooms? Thats where my TRU had samples out - with the changing table. That said, I have Kirkland and Luvs size 3 that I can take a pic of if you want, just let me know what you want the picture to show.

Allison
http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png (http://lilypie.com)

shburks
07-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Ours actually has the on the shelves where the diapers are but I remember that the BRU in Seattle and Tacoma had plenty of their brand diapers in the changing rooms they have. Check there??

MarisaSF
07-30-2006, 10:56 PM
I think this is a great idea for a thread. Can I make a suggestion? It took me days to read this post because I didn't think I'd be able to help. I might suggest you start a new thread titled something like "Comprehensive disposables-photo thread." Start the thread by taking photos of the diapers you do have and hopefully others will follow suit. Something like that would have caught my eye AND will help people searching for the same thing in the future! :D

I know exactly where you're at. I never buy diapers unless I see them in person.

One thing: Kirkland is Costco, right? I know for sure that Costco will take back and refund you for any unused diapers if you don't like them. I've known people who love them and people who returned them.

mldflygirl
08-01-2006, 01:15 PM
ITA.
Along with the photos, maybe people could include a very brief description and what size the diaper is? I don't know the age of the OP's child, but there's a difference in how the diapers are made for a Size 1 vs. a Size 5, for example.

BTW - the BRU & every other store I've bought diapers at did not have any samples of diapers out ANYwhere.

skohng
08-01-2006, 01:30 PM
great ideas - will try to start one tonight (or if any of you are reading this and can/want to before I do, please do so!)

Ali
08-04-2006, 04:14 PM
I can send you a pic of size 4 Kirkland (Costco) diapers. Of the generics it carries, Walmarts tend to have one out of each kind (not each size, though). From the description of your child's size and the problem you're having with the White Cloud, you'll do well with the Kirkland. We had the same problem and switched. We're very happy with the Costco diapers!