PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training ?

KrystalS
07-30-2006, 11:16 AM
I've been trying to train my 2 1/2 dd off and on for about 3 mos. She will occasionally sit on the potty just to play, she has yet to ever actually go. I've tried going naked, but she just holds it in until its nap/bed time when she knows that I'll put a diaper back on her. I know that she's ready, especially if she can hold it in for that long, sometimes she goes 4-5 hrs! Her diaper is always dry after nap/bed time. But I'm not going to take the risk of her peeing in her bed. Since she has never actually gone on the potty the bribes aren't working. I tell her if she goes she will get a prize, candy, whatever, but since she's never gone its just not working. Does anyone have any advice? Should I just wait a few more months?

squimp
08-02-2006, 02:18 AM
Naked butt time was essential for us, and it was clear within a few days that she was ready. It sounds like your DD is ready physically, but perhaps not in other ways. My DD is totally trained during the day, but not at night yet. It seems like she's really resisting, so I'd hold off for a bit.

I never found the rewards system to work for DD, but I understand it works really well for other kids.