PDA

View Full Version : OV - starts out so soft and gets less so with each wash? Why?

etwahl
08-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Most of our diapers are organic velour (my favorite) and when we get them they are literally butter soft. But with each they get a little less soft. Still soft, just not brand new OV soft. Why?

Tammy,
mom to Lauren (March 2003)

holliam
08-08-2006, 03:31 PM
It's likely your water or washing process. Have you tried stripping them occasionally?

We have super soft water and my OV is as soft as it was new, almost 2 years ago.

Holli

etwahl
08-08-2006, 03:58 PM
I can't imagine it being our washing process, because it's happening after only a couple washes - like I said, still soft, just a little less soft. And our water is soft also.

I don't think they need to be stripped. They are fairly new (bought new by me), and I use Allen's Naturally, and they have absolutely no smell whatsoever.

Tammy,
mom to Lauren (March 2003)

holliam
08-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Hmm.. not sure what to suggest then. Ours hasn't changed really.

Holli

SeekerMage
08-12-2006, 01:02 AM
do you air dry or put them in the dryer? I think airdrying tends to make things stiffer...heck my hemp gets stiff as a board. It could also be your detergent while good for diapers, maybe it just doesnt make stuff as soft..dont know