PDA

View Full Version : Green Earth covers

KrisM
08-09-2006, 11:54 AM
We need more covers as our Bumpys are wicking on us. The Prorap fits great on her (didn't fit DS). So, I'm thinking Green Earth, since they're softer, right? Where is a good place to get some quickly? She's about 12.5 lbs with chunky thighs - should I get small or medium?

thanks!

new_mommy25
08-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Mediums. My DD is also 12.5 and she has just about outgrown the smalls in the rise.

tarahsolazy
08-09-2006, 05:28 PM
I've always gotten mine from www.lilbunz.com . I don't know if she's got any in stock, though. I agree, get Mediums. They last forever.
eta: none at lil bunz.

I found some here:
http://www.earthybirthymama.com/covers/greenearth.html

I ordered something from there, and had a good experience.

KrisM
08-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Thanks. I had checked Lilbunz and found nothing and wasn't familiar with other places that came up with Google.

KrisM
08-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the info.

jenjenfirenjen
08-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Kris,

Can you report back later on how the Green Earth are working? We're having the same wicking problems with Bumpys. It stinks because he's starting to outgrow his small Proraps but the Bumps fit great.

Just curious...are you using Bumpy Day or Night? We're using Day but I was wondering if Nights would make any difference.

brittone2
08-10-2006, 10:36 PM
We used mostly GE covers with DS, especially when he was young. I'd start w/ a medium as well. I think DS went right to smalls at 3 weeks and those were quickly outgrown if I remember right.

I think I bought from juliestuff? She also was helpful to me with some quality issues I had when GE redid their covers...the aplix was so strong that on two of the newer style, the it was ripping off the soft part of the aplix from the diaper itself within only a few uses (at least, that's what it looked like to me).

Apparently she and GE were surprised at this, and asked me to send back the covers so they could figure out what was going on. It must have been a fluke as I never heard much more about it, but they did refund me. It happened to two covers both after using them only a handful of times. My old style ones were fine durability-wise.

Anyway, they are IMO softer than proraps and overall worked the best for us out of the inexpensive covers we tried.