PDA

View Full Version : Overnight diapers, now what?

hbridge
08-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Hi, please help, I'm at the end of ideas!

My DC is 2 1/2, 40" tall and about 37# and is not quite ready for potty training so that is not an option quite yet. Anyway, the size 5 Huggies Overnites that we have been using are definitely too small (the tape is rubbing on skin and causing terrible irritation). Since they don't make a size 6, I'm not sure what to do next. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much.

Momof3Labs
08-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Huggies Goodnights. There are also nighttime pullups that might work for you. They are a lot more expensive, but there aren't many options (unless you want to consider cloth at night).

Momof3Labs
08-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Huggies Goodnights. There are also nighttime pullups that might work for you. They are a lot more expensive, but there aren't many options (unless you want to consider cloth at night).

hbridge
08-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi Lori,

Thanks for responding. I have looked at Huggies Goodnights, but the smallest size has a range from 38# to 65#!?!?!?!? That seems like too big of a range to fit properly for my slim DC. Does anyone have any experience using them on smaller children?

H

Momof3Labs
08-13-2006, 02:13 PM
My DS wears the small Goodnights for now. He's 40lbs and 43" tall. They are roomy, but I can't see them fitting a child at 65lbs. You'll find them to be much bigger than Overnights; perhaps the nighttime pullups would work better for you??

hbridge
08-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Nightime Pullups? What are these and where do I find them?

Thanks so much!

Momof3Labs
08-13-2006, 09:14 PM
I saw them at Target.

Joolsplus2
08-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Why not 3t/4t pullups? My dd used those a long time before we finally had to give in and use the Goodnights (She's almost 7 now... we finally had to buy Mother Of Eden Overnight Undies to save a few bucks...which we love, and it's easy to just toss them in with the wash, but I was 'always hoping' she'd just stop wetting the bed). Overnight pullups would be great, I haven't found them yet, either (not that I'm replete with free time to peruse the Target diaper aisle, either, lol).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

sidmand
08-14-2006, 09:57 AM
When I get to this point I was thinking of using a regular size 6 diaper with a diaper doubler. I think that will be a less expensive option and may just work. If you can't find diaper doublers (I couldn't), Depends inserts are pretty similar. Or you can order them online.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

Momof3Labs
08-14-2006, 10:18 AM
My DS outgrew size 5 overnights and size 6 dipes at the same time, so YMMV on that one. The 3t/4t pullups would work for a lighter wetter, but when we have nighttime accidents, they are floods; too much for an average pullup!

hbridge
08-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Hi Julie,

Thanks for responding. We use 3T/4T pullups during the day and often have leaks. With the Huggies Overnights she wakes up with a completely soaked diaper every morning. Thankfully they haven't leaked yet. Since she's not trained even for daytime we need something absorbent. I don't frequent Target since it is so far away (we live in the middle of no where), but next time I'm there I will take a peak and see what they have. For now I think I will try the Goodnights and see.

Thanks again

Heather

hbridge
08-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi Lori,

So what did you do when that happened? We are okay during the day with size 6. At least we were until Pampers changed their diapers again and I can't get the tabs to stay closed, but that's a rant for another day.

I am so frustrated with the diaper manufacturers. I know that the thing to do is to get going on potty training, but she is absolutely not ready (see my post on Holding in Toddler Potty Forum). Maybe we'll try again in a few weeks, but she will be in nighttime diaps for a while regardless.

To you all...Thanks so much for your help!

Heather

Joolsplus2
08-14-2006, 12:01 PM
How about a cloth diaper cover OVER a pullup? I use a wool cover over my 6 mo's disposable diaper (like a stacinator felted wool cover, it just snaps on over a dipe) and it keeps leaks and smells to almost nil, then you just let it air out during the day, they rarely need washing.

Good luck, I know it's such a struggle!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Momof3Labs
08-14-2006, 02:37 PM
We went back to cloth diapers. DS had boycotted them last Sept but I gave him no choice this time. A couple of months later, he daytime trained. We use the small Goodnights at night (where he is dry about 80-85% of the time).