PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Suggestions

mamalia
08-15-2006, 09:36 PM
The Medium FuzziBunz is leaking at the legs on my DD because the holes are too loose. I would try the Petite Toddler but I am afraid the waist may not be tight enough. So far we really like the Loveybums but I am looking for a trim pocket diaper to add to the rotation. I am waiting on a Harleyz since I read here that those are trim.

Which would be better to try in addition to that a Daisy Doodle or GAD?

How do you prefer to design your pocket? And why? I like the snaps on the Loveybums, but I am wondering if it is best to get aplix on the pocket since I fear snaps may not be as customizable as the Loveybums on DDs tiny waist?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Malia

SeekerMage
08-16-2006, 02:25 AM
Well you can always ask for snap over snaps or crossover tabs on the aplix diapers. I would try a happy heiney as I thik they are a better fit for skinny legs in wee ones. As for what else to try....check out hyena cart for some new options. I know there are a lot of new stores popping up with wahms making really reasonable priced diapers. I personally know of a few who do great work and would just love a chance to show there stuff!

Momof3Labs
08-16-2006, 07:02 AM
pt fb legholes and waist are the same size as meds, so those won't work for you.

brittone2
08-16-2006, 12:48 PM
ITA. I hated FBs for a while when DS's body shape would change and would be gappy on his legs...we'd get leaks. We have used them for our primary diapering system though for 2 years. At 2.5 he still can fit into mediums and PTs.

If I remember right, I think mediums and PTs are pretty much the same but PTs have a longer rise, so that probably won't work well for you.

mamalia
08-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks Kathryn. I spent some time searching all of the pocket diapers, then this afternoon my Harleyz came! They are so trim. If this works maybe I will just order more. And if not, I wrote down the names of some mamas on Hyenacart.

Malia

mamalia
08-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey Lori and Beth, so I tried the FB on DD again and they fit. I'm thinking I snapped them wrong before??? Kinda embarassing to admit that. I think Mediums are best for us, but just FYI, I think the Petite Toddlers are one inch smaller at the leg. At least that was what the sizing chart on one of the sites I was looking at said.

Thanks for your help (and commiserating with me!).

Malia

Momof3Labs
08-16-2006, 08:35 PM
>but just FYI, I think the Petite Toddlers are one inch smaller
>at the leg.

That's what the chart says, but that wasn't my experience when I switched DS1 from mediums to PTs, honestly. I found the PTs to be the same size as mediums except with a higher rise.

mamalia
08-16-2006, 10:10 PM
That's good to know, thanks!

Malia

shellybelly
08-17-2006, 04:03 PM
I just got my first Daisy Doodle in the mail the other day, and I have been disappointed with it. I got a small side snap one. It doesn't hold the pee in very well, and his poop sneaks out the side. So if you try the DD, maybe get velcro. my DS has a *teeninsie* little waist, and skinny thighs (though they are chubbing out a bit -- but not the chubby that most people are accustomed to). he is a super soaker! I love the fact that they are soo incredibly trim and tiny and cute. so, if you get the velcro, it should be better adjustable, and be sure to get some doublers if your DD is a soaker! I don't know if that helps at all, but just adding my two cents.

-Shelly

http://b1.lilypie.com/SBUFm7.png
We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
-Gandhi

mamalia
08-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Hi Shelly, thanks for your input. I should have mentioned that my DD is a toddler though (18months). Big age difference between our little ones. ;) I searched through the archives some more and I decided to order a custom GAD after reading about Karen's comparisons of it to other trim diapers. That and I couldn't resist designing it in the colors of my alma mater - DH and I met there. :)

I hope the Daisy Doodle starts working for you as DS gets older.

Malia